Scrap yard

Hawnjigs

KISS
How are you pouring into the muffin pan? Do you have a ladle?

I'm puzzled about the content of your lead. The blocks look like hard, & the original chunks look like tin bearing. If you've got a batch of recycled solder, its worth lots more than lead.

hookup

I do the muffin pan trick too. Easy to add to the pot when you're pouring.

Lost Pole

Hawnjigs said:
How are you pouring into the muffin pan? Do you have a ladle?

I'm puzzled about the content of your lead. The blocks look like hard, & the original chunks look like tin bearing. If you've got a batch of recycled solder, its worth lots more than lead.

No ladle, just a big pot spoon. Dunno exactly what is called. Just bent the handle a bit.
It actually fell apart last night.

As far as lead(?) I dunno.
Next to no crud after fluxing.
Melted in lil lee pot nicely and had a nice sheen.
Plan on pouring a few this eve for plastics andll try to weigh em if that'll help ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost Pole

CrappieHappy said:
I need to head down that way soon, I would be more than willing to lend you a hand. you could show me how to Crappie Feesh.....

Always welcomed.
Better be ready to paddle!

hookup

Lost Pole said:
Yup. Too bad the actual muffin holders are popping out the pan!

Haven't had that one happen ... yet lol

I have an old Lee pot that's rusted. Removed the plunger & lifter wire, hole on bottom's rusted shut, and just melt lead until it's 1/2 full, then put on a thick pair of gloves and pour it out into the pan.

If I'm careful, take my time, and pour slowly have no spatter at all.

Been thinking about getting a ladel ... seems safer

CrappieHappy

I use a ladle to pour in the mini muffin pan. I melt in a 10lb pot , I need a cast iron pan or something bigger as I still have prolly over 100 lbs of lead to clean

Hawnjigs

KISS
I get my cast iron ladles & melt pots on eBay. Used to be bargains, but since the economy tanked(unemployment=home bizness) and postage kept increasing it might be cheaper to get tackle shop versions. The vintage used made in USA ones are generally better quality, my original Asian mfg. ladle from a tackle shop actually broke in use. I tapped it on the pot maybe harder than usual to dislodge klingons and the bowl cracked into pieces. Ladles are #ered by bowl inch diameter size - good all around size #3 will pour a 1# ingot, #4 is bigger, etc.

Quality cast iron is really sturdy and will last for generations with proper care. Some of the stuff on eBay is claimed to have poured bullets during the Civil War. Its possible that USA mfg no longer exists, since even back in '98 when I got my first pot & ladle set they were made in Taiwan. When shopping, examining metal wall thickness helps to determine durability - thicker is better.

hookup

I found stuff at swap meets, bazaars, and flea markets and have modified stuff for my use.

I'm cheap.

Lost Pole

Think I'm normal Hawn

16-1/16 jigs

View attachment 5

8- 1/8 jigs

View attachment 6

New to pouring but seems like there's a better design mold to be made

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422581492.904593.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422581492.904593.jpg