Results of mixing powder paint #1

perch

wow those are some cool colors you guys keep coming up with new and cool stuff all the time. thanks for sharing with us

LedHed

Sponsor
LP

Clear in powder is usually used for an overcoat. You can also use it for a mixing medium - bulk up a color and add shine to the color. Some add pigments and glitters for different effects. I like CC super shine and Pro-Tec's clear is a great stabilizer.

Lost Pole

Sorry for the questions but how is it used as a medium how in mixing. The few times I've mixed powders I would just spoon em on parts til I got what I wanted.

Adam

Radtexan

Best description I can give ya is clear is a carrier...We use it to create our glitters and close, to some candy colors...

Basic measurement 1/4 tsp of your color to 2 tsps clear is a good starting point...Much more color than that and your glitter doesnt come through well.

Mix your colors as you wish and use that measurement to add to the clear. Hope that make some sence.

LedHed

Sponsor
The metal tag idea is excellent. I have see the tags in McMaster Carr catalog (they have a web site also).

toadfrog

OK . So which one of you guys is going to come out with a color mixing cook book. HMMMM !

Back