Results of mixing powder paint #1

crappiecripplerjigs

View attachment 9Been playing with paint this evening! Really like the results so far. Today I chose to make variations of chartreuse. In the BOTTOM pic is regular green chartr. as purchased on top. 2nd one is 3 pt. green chrtr. with 2 pt. baby bass green. Bottom is equal pts. gold and green chrtr. TOP pic is mix of grn. chrtr. and baby bass on top, grn. chrtr. with gold in middle, reg. grn. chrtr. on bottom. Not sure which pic will show the best so I added both. The mix with the baby bass is my favorite. The gold mix is a pale yellow. The bass green mix is identical to CAT's chartreuse marabou.

Attachments

• paintexp 010.jpg
    paintexp 010.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 255
  • paintexp 002.jpg
    paintexp 002.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 256

crappiecripplerjigs

Too late LED!! I might have to call in sick to work tomorrow. Not sure if it is the paint, or the Cinco de Mayo celebration!!

Capt_Rodney

crappiecripplerjigs said:
Too late LED!! I might have to call in sick to work tomorrow. Not sure if it is the paint, or the Cinco de Mayo celebration!!

Orbittx.com is a good place to get clear I been through a few pounds. Ask Rad I think he has seen my 100+ custom blends. Its as addicting as tying...

Radtexan

Capt_Rodney said:

Orbittx.com is a good place to get clear I been through a few pounds. Ask Rad I think he has seen my 100+ custom blends. Its as addicting as tying...

I think its more than 100 + though :D

Show the pic of your labeling system Rodney..

Capt_Rodney

Rad changed my tag from the ring to something a bit easier. The massive tool box i posted for my tying room has a large drawer I super glued each powder coated tag to the top of each container and some what color sorted them I have about 20 more or so to do today and have plenty of drawe space left i will try to post a pic later of what I did

This was my old system had back of tag labeled with name of powder paint and a ID Number and same on label for the containers so I could find them.
powdercolors2.jpg

wtex

He is right about Orbit. All you need are clear and the basic colors. Them start mixing. Add some glitter if you like. You get a lot of paint for your money.

Capt_Rodney

To help you out even more I have had good luck with both 1 to 1 1/2 part color and 10 parts clear. With the glitters you have to play around with it. You can stretch a small amount of color really far and come up with tons of combos. I have several colors that match new age chinelles I have.

Capt_Rodney

Oh another tip once you get to mixing paints either keep a recipe book or I use a sharpie marker and write it on the bottom of the container so if I like the results I can duplicate it.

Capt_Rodney

Here is the start of my new setup for storing my powders I took my color ring and glued each to the tops of the powder for quick and easy way to find what I am looking for...
bait11a.jpg

Capt_Rodney

That is impressive!!! You are addicted. I think we need to have an intervention.

Its RadTexans and Crappie 97 fault oh I forgot to mention the dealer causing a lot of my addiction ole Robert aka Crazy Angler Tackle....

sloedown

With all your jig tying stuff you have been sharing with us,I can see why your wife booted you out of the house!!!Very impressive set up you got going...

CK3

INTERVENTION FOR SURE!!! And I thought I was bad!
I too can put most of the blame on Robert in Winona, Texas!!!!!!
I can't really blame a guy that's been a big help to me!
Paints, I'm just getting started on..........the other stuff (feathers, maribou, duck flank, flashabou, critter fur, chenille and on and on)
has defininately become an obession and Crazy Angler can come up with
new stuff faster than I can offer to buy it!!!!!!
Great organization of your paints!!!!!

Back