Regular Jig Swap - Crappie - Too Late!

Pepop

Those are both great ties but that Citrus Glow (Blue & Chartreuse) will be a KILLER on Lake Palestine. :icon14::icon14:

SlabHappy

Yeah, Pepop, I figured it would. Saw the SlabmeSilly jig called The Pepop, that was about the same color, kind of where I got the colors from. I figured Pepop was referring to Palestine area. You must be a legend around there! The head and the flash glow. Daughter is fascinated by them. She is laying on the floor with the other heads with the flashlight playing with them. Works out good, because I get to play on the laptop. Some of them have "the drip" from curing. I put the glow coat on a little thick. I make a little fixture to cure straight up, but a pain to get them all in. Might try to put some rubber or something between the angle aluminum to keep pressure while you are putting others in.

SlabHappy

Well, I did some field testing, and caught 11 on the citrus glow, 1 on Dorothy, but lost the Dorothy right after, and only had 1. I had some good pictures on them in their mouths, but my wife called, and I accidentally threw my phone overboard. I don't know what would be worse, no fish and a phone, or fish and no phone?

SlabHappy

Hey guys, I'm going on a little field trip to Canada for work next week, monday-saturday. I will keep up, and get my wife to text me if any of the jigs came in, and try to keep you posted. If all come in next week, I will ship them on monday, the 19th. BTW, we have one running on Texas Fishing Forum signing up till the 19th. Have 10 now, and would love to have more. Also, I tagged all of my jigs, and realized I put 3 strands of flash for the citrus glow. It was 4, just a type O. Also, forgot to put the conditions I would use them in, but to be honest, not exactly the best at deciding, just use till I find what they like. If yall want, you can leave them off.

hookup

Pepop said:
I'm gonna make me a rack like the 2 photos at the top of this thread...
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums.../true/Re_Made_my_Jig_Cooking_Rack#Post8509013
The photo farther down the thread is the rack's Lazy Angler made for me. I get "Parrot-Nose" on some of mine too.

Mine are similar to the rack at the end of the thread except I use one piece of 1" wide steel and straping tape bent at 90d's and pop riveted to the steel. Everything was made from scrap round around the house.

SlabHappy

Received your jigs Hookup. Thanks. Look nice, I bought a bunch of rabbit from Cabela's, 3 of their misc packs. Going to cut it in strips and try to tie. Might be asking you questions later. BTW, I am marking on the final signup page on pg 1 what jigs have been received. I will be out of the country all of next week, and might not get to mark who's jigs were received till saturday the 19th. (My wife will still get the mail)

eyecrosser

Mine will be mailed in the morning. Sorry guys and gals, been super busy during this one and just finished them up. Getting both of my girls ready for college; yes two at the same time!!!!

eyecrosser

Jigs are off and running. Can't wait to check them all out. I decided to tie 2 of the same pattern in case one gets snagged up or broken off.

SlabHappy

Chill49 and Eyecrossers jigs came in today. Thanks, love the crawfish jig. I will be gone all next week, so if 2 I am waiting on come in this week, I will post pics and send out next monday. Thanks everyone.

SlabHappy

One of them from Boise, Idaho came in. I'm still in Val 'd Or Canada, but will be back tomorrow. Will take some picks and get shipped out. Tied about 50 while I've been here.

Back