Regular Jig Swap - Crappie - Too Late!

SlabHappy

I am going to host a regular jig swap. Signups will end August 1, let's have the jigs mailed by August 19th. The theme will be crappie jigs.

1. Use whatever material you would like.

2. Make jigs in either 1/8 oz or 1/16 oz sizes.

3. Tie any pattern used to catch crappie: minnow, crawfish, or other.

I am fairly new to feather jig tying/fishing. Always used plastic in the past. Let's use this as a way to learn from each other, tying and fishing habits. At the end of the swap, I will post pics of all jigs, along with toe tags and who tied them. I will pm mailing address and how many participants we have at the end of signup period. Thanks, and let's have fun!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Me (Received)
2. PanfishHunter(received)
3.Hookup (received)
4. Plateboater(received)
5. Pepop (Received)
6. Shoemo (received)
7. Eyecrosser (received)
8. Chill49 (received)

Signups are over. Will keep you posted on received jigs. 2 each, 14 total. Will send out as soon as all are received.

PanfishHunter

hey man, i would like to participate, but i am not sure what sizes my jigheads are, i am pretty sure they are 1/16 though.

Anywho, count me in!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
SlabHappy - Just to give you a heads up..... there may not be a whole lot of people sign-up for this one since we have a swap (#17) underway at the moment. A few years back (on a different forum) there was a ton of people getting involved with the swaps and they would go up to 20 sign-ups in only a couple days! The number of swappers has decreased over time since then - maybe as the economy slowed up or maybe just loss of interest. On JigCraft, we pretty consistently get around a dozen or more for most of the numbered swaps that take place one at a time.

It being summer with people out and about on vacations, fishing, etc. there may not be many of the regular swappers with enough time to do multiple swaps. I am in that category.... as i have yet to start the ones for the other swap i am in yet and have a few other trades with members going on as well. ;)

Letting you know this since you are new to the forum and tying... don't want you to get discouraged if not many people sign up for this. The current swap is set to be done around the first part of August. Would love for you to get into swap #18 - i will more than likely be in that one as well since i have not missed one of the #'d ones yet. - Russ

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
There may be some confusion and not sure i explained it well............

When you signed up on the - JC Swap Host sign up list!!! - that puts you in line to host a swap. You would host #21 (if there are not any changes) when it comes around. Right now #17 is going on hosted by AndyLane. We have kept to the waiting list to keep the numbers up for each individual swap like i mentioned earlier.

SlabHappy

That's cool. I'll do #21. So far there is me and Panfishhunter (if your still in?) It doesn't matter to me how many people sign up. At least i will get to try some of your jigs, Panfish! If it's just a few, we can swap multiple jigs. I would just like to see other peoples work, fish them, and get feedback on mine.

SlabHappy

That makes three for now
1. Me
2. Panfishunter
3. Hookup

There will be more. We'll see the total on aug 1. Thanks.

SlabHappy

Thanks plate boater. 4 so far.
1. Me
2. Panfishunter
3. Hookup
4. Plateboater

Poured 200 heads with black sickle hooks last night, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32 through 3/16 ponies. Got about got 8 lbs of powder paint to mix my own, plus about 10 other 1-2 oz colors. Got plenty of colors I haven't tied yet, just need the time to tie! Would tonight, but plan to get up early to fish tomorrow morning. We'll have several more. Will be fun. I would like to set up of few swaps with whoever. It's fun tying, and I would like to get some feedback on my jigs. I always take everything to the extreme, and I would like to learn how to tie the best jig possible.

PanfishHunter

lets shorten the deadline to this Friday, the 26th. and say get the jigs mailed in by the 3rd or 5th. Dont forget to thank the host with some gifts. I am going to give some of the feathers and jigheads i used for the swap as a thank you, since im short on materials.

I have around 12 jigs done. that would mean if no more people, 3 jigs each. or if i dont keep any, as i already have some, 4 each.

I tied a chartreuse body with a chart/black striped tail. unpainted heads with amber and silver eyes.

SlabHappy

Thanks Pepop, that makes 5 now. Just tied 3 will quick. Came out good, i think. Tried the 2 color. What do you think? Chartreuse shad, black shad and pink shad.

Attachments

• 20130721_181301_resized.jpg
    20130721_181301_resized.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 97

SlabHappy

Well, we have 5 so far:
1. Me
2. Panfishunter
3. Hookup
4. Plateboater
5. Pepop

We still have room for more! We will quit taking tiers Aug 1, and try to have our jigs in the mail August 19th (I think, refer to first post for date)

Back