Paint recipe book

Pepop

Got this mix from Denton Pond Jumper and his "Tie Something Simple" post
IMAG0996_zpsdd1a0931.jpg
It's Candy Blue and Candy Psycho Lime Green mixed 1 to 1 and I added 1 part of Clear.

Pepop

Thanks to Bucho for this excellent Salmon Flesh mix
15102773su_zpsb17f50c4.jpg
1 part fluo pink
1 1/2 part pearl white
1 part yellow
1/4 part orange
It's a good mix too cuz I followed it as closely as I could (added 4 parts clear) and got this
IMAG1183_zpsf740b412.jpg

SlabHappy

Hi, Pepop led me to the site from TFF. Good recipes here. I'm new to color mixing, and hope to find and mix some good ones for jig tying.

mitrisin

SlabHappy said:
Hi, Pepop led me to the site from TFF. Good recipes here. I'm new to color mixing, and hope to find and mix some good ones for jig tying.

Where are the recipes on the TFF? I frequent the Jigtying forum there but haven't noticed any recipe threads.

Pepop

mitrisin said:
SlabHappy said:

Where are the recipes on the TFF? I frequent the Jigtying forum there but haven't noticed any recipe threads.

No dedicated paint recipe's, just mixed in with Jig Tier's post's.

WELCOME SlabHappy!! Glad to see you here!

QPassage

Holiday Green
1 part Candy Lime
1 part Lady Slipper Red
2 parts Super Glow Blue "light blue"
temporary-46.jpg

45f90f89-9807-4403-8af4-008bdb516a22.jpg

Sparkling Grape Wine
1 part Smoke
1 part Purple Glitter
1 part Clear
temporary-45.jpg

b55f00f2-ce73-42b5-b2c5-92fc112933d4.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Kdog said:
Dang boss, whatcha burning for that color smoke?

Indeed....... purple haze?? :D It has a noticeable purple/pearl color to it. Would that happen if CandyPurple was mixed with Smoke? Hmmmm.....

Nice color mixes.

Pop

I have been searching the web for "wine" color. It is hard to determine what true wine color would be as there are many versions. Some wine colors are lighter than others. The color I have come up with is on the dark side. My mixture is- 3.6 oz. Purple with .6 Red. Anyone else come close to this or have a good combination? Thanks for your help, Pop

QPassage

Moss Green
1 part Candy Green
1 part Yellow
1 part Black
1 part Pumpkin Green
splash of lime glitter
temporary-113.jpg

plateboater

Hey Q.....I am going by tablespoons or teaspoons for my paint science projects. Like the moss green. What do you define as "part". Is that a tablespoon full?

QPassage

plateboater said:
Hey Q.....I am going by tablespoons or teaspoons for my paint science projects. Like the moss green. What do you define as "part". Is that a tablespoon full?

I have a small scoop I use which keeps it and even amount. Tablespoon should work just the same. So instead of using a 1/2 scoop I just add in 2 scoops making it 2 parts.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
1 scoop = 1 part
10 scoops = 10 parts

I agree, that is the easiest way to do it. Only use one size of scoop so there is no confusion or conversion needed. I make 'test' colors using a teaspoon and then if i like the color, i go back and make it again using tablespoons for a larger amount.

QPassage said:
....a small scoop I use which keeps it and even amount....

Back