OLD LURES

snake River

Pup said:
Ragged Edge,

Do you happen to know the make and model of this lure?

PillboxLure.jpg

Have a smoke-colored one just like it in my old hip-roof tackle box. I call it a "Pillbox Lure". It has a handy little box in the middle of its side. I assume an angler could use it for small rattles or BBs, bait (scent), or even Alka-Seltzer. :)

Pup I do not know it seems to me that that is a plastic and I believe it has a plastic tail or something like that that is clear not sure your picture needs to be bigger on that particular crank bait. But I will do this I will copy this page and send it to a collector friend of mine and we will find out it is if possible he is one of the largest crank bait collectors in Portland Oregon he also collects old fishing reels will let you know what he says.

snake River

Pup said:
Ragged Edge,

PillboxLure.jpg

Have a smoke-colored one just like it in my old hip-roof tackle box. I call it a "Pillbox Lure". It has a handy little box in the middle of its side. I assume an angler could use it for small rattles or BBs, bait (scent), or even Alka-Seltzer. :)

as a promise to you I would ask my friend that is a collector there is a link for you to read it was his reply to me anybody else that is a collector that reads this should read this link there some information of the largest collector in the US he will gladly help you his e-mail address is in the link.
https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/12aaa05dae790ca6
I hope this can help you out with all your other collection of crank baits I'm sure that if it's possible he will definitely tell you exactly what it is.

bob.

ragged edge

snake River said:
Pup said:
Ragged Edge,

PillboxLure.jpg

Have a smoke-colored one just like it in my old hip-roof tackle box. I call it a "Pillbox Lure". It has a handy little box in the middle of its side. I assume an angler could use it for small rattles or BBs, bait (scent), or even Alka-Seltzer. :) It was made by My Fair Products called Mike the Fisherman. You opened it up and it dropped a blood pill in it. Not sure of years manufactured.

as a promise to you I would ask my friend that is a collector there is a link for you to read it was his reply to me anybody else that is a collector that reads this should read this link there some information of the largest collector in the US he will gladly help you his e-mail address is in the link.
I hope this can help you out with all your other collection of crank baits I'm sure that if it's possible he will definitely tell you exactly what it is.

bob.

ragged edge

snake River said:
Pup said:
Ragged Edge,

PillboxLure.jpg

Have a smoke-colored one just like it in my old hip-roof tackle box. I call it a "Pillbox Lure". It has a handy little box in the middle of its side. I assume an angler could use it for small rattles or BBs, bait (scent), or even Alka-Seltzer. :) It was made by My Fair Products called Mike the Fisherman. You opened it up and it dropped a blood pill in it. Not sure of years manufactured.

bob.

ragged edge

It was made by My Fair Products called Mike the Fisherman. You opened it up and dropped a blood pill in it. Not sure of the years the company was in buisness..........

Pup

Thank you both for your help with that lure. :cool:

Mine is a gift from my Dad. I believed that he purchased the lure in the orient if my memory serves me correctly. I think that it's kind of cool for a fishing lure to have a first name and title. :)

Reminds me of Primus and a song called John the Fisherman... :D

Back