OLD LURES

toadfrog

View attachment 9 Got nastalgic again. The fat head spinnerbait is from a mold approx. 80 yrs old. I have an original doll fly mold some where.

Attachments

• 100_0264.jpg
    100_0264.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 138

JSC

The Spinner Bait under the jig (Top LH Side) looks like a H&H Spinner Bait ... several of these are similar to older baits but not quite "Down Pat" design ... Scott that is not a H. Wiggler (cut my "teeth" on the H Wiggler Series real expensive in the 40's 1.10 .. had to save my pennys and had to wade the river and creeks to get it off of a hang) .. not sure of the name but it is a Buzz Type bait (Maybe one of the "Red Eye" lures)... Maybe a Wiggler Skirt.

2 cents worth
JSC

crappiecripplerjigs

Really neat lures. I'll bet they would still catch fish. Hate to lose one though as some would be tough to replace. I love the old stuff and hope to see more pics!

Len

Would any of you guys know anything about this lure? There is no name on the lip and it is just red and white. Someone gave this to me who found it in a old garage they were tearing down.

Fishing2010071.jpg

ScottV

What about a "Lucky 13"? I'm thinking they had a nose like that. I just went to my Dad's old tackle box and found a couple of "Hawaiians". The one on the left is the wiggler I think. I'm sure it looked better with paint and a skirt. LOL The one on the right says,"Hawaiian" under the body and "Sputter Fuss" on the blade. I think I'll research them and restore them to put on the wall.
IMG_5903.jpg
IMG_5902.jpg

ScottV

Len, the lure you pictured look like a Heddon River Runt. I was looking at vintage lures on EBay and they resemble that. The one's I pictured are both Hawaiian Wigglers. The one on the left was called the #1.

JSC

The Left HW is a #1 (Deep Runner) The Sputter Fuss (a real Buzz Bait .. would tire you out trying to keep it on top with our older reels) #2 1/2 ... Lot of stories about those lures .. the #2 was my favorite (Shallow Runner) some times you would break a side off then file the other side down to match and you would have it all most to the other size which was the #1 1/2 (Medium Runner) The #3 was a spoon. They also came with a Double Spinner (Tandem) .. also used a "Trailer Hook" on them when they were striking short (lot less weedless or in my case "Snagless" around logs and etc.) .. Never forget right after I got a "Sputterfuss" going to a river slough after school one day and getting 12 strikes in one place before adding a "Douple Hook" for a trailer and catching him on the 13th cast ... about a 5# Jack (easternchain pickrel) and it was the trailer that got him .. course I was walking (sliding) the bank ... no boat ..
That lure that looks like a "River Runt" could be but really it looks like one of the many copies that were made back in the older days. The Lip and tie just do not look like a Heddon .. Looks alot like "Creek Chub" ... Love these old lures .. will post a couple later .. I have a 18" by 6 ft board full of them.
JSC

ragged edge

Len said:
Would any of you guys know anything about this lure? There is no name on the lip and it is just red and white. Someone gave this to me who found it in a old garage they were tearing down.

Fishing2010071.jpg
I think it was made by L&S.......Heddon tail end was pointed. Went and looked at my collection......

JSC

Here is 2 shots of my "Don't Use Any More" Some real old ones, one of a kind & etc.

JSC
;)

Attachments

• Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 54
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 53

toadfrog

JSC said:
Here is 2 shots of my "Don't Use Any More" Some real old ones, one of a kind & etc.

JSC
;)

I think I have some of those hangin in the tool shed. maybe I ought to go look.

ScottV

Those are neat JSC. I couldn't believe the prices of some of the "vintage" lures on EBay. I guess there's a real collector's market for old lures.

JSC

hunter7711 said:
Those are neat. Old lures are like everything else, CONDITION, CONDITION, CONDITION.

The condition of most of these are not to good as I have used them and caught a lot of fish on some of them .. If they were in good shape and I had the original boxes they would be worth a lot more.

Thanx
Jim C
:)

ragged edge

CopyofDSC04071.jpg
Here is an old one from the past.........

Back