Jungle Jim

JUNGLEJIM1

I convinced the doctors to let me go home,wife thought I should have stayed a couple more days so she isn't happy. I got home and after eating dinner finished that dozen jigs I was working on when it happened. Took before and after pics and will post them tommorrow. I think I'll take Monday off for awhile since the heart attack happened three weeks exactly from my lead explosion incident,both on Monday. Doc had an ultrasound on my heart this morning and was amazed that as bad as the heart attack was there wasn't any real damage he could find.. Appears the man upstairs is still looking out for me. Time to get serious with the meds,dropped a chunk of change at the pharmacy today and actually gave myself an insulin shot today.Maybe there is still hope for me. Thanks for everyones prayers and kind words,it really means a great deal to me.

crappiecripplerjigs

So glad to hear things are looking up Jim. Rest up and take care of yourself. The crappie spawn is just around the corner. You'll need your strength to haul them in with those killer jigs you make.

toadfrog

I'm getting old and been through a lot in my life . But I don't think I can make myself stick a needle in me and then do all that testing on my fingers. I haven't had a stroke or a heart attack yet but I'm a prime candidate for it . Diabetes and cancer run on both sides of the family. It seems to hit after 60 . That is coming soon . Scares the living poo out of me. Hopes and prayers for all you folks that live with that . I bet there is a cure but drug companies can't make money curing things. Maybe some scientist will blow their cover some day and we'll get rid of stuff like that.

JUNGLEJIM1

My deal after being diagnosed with diabetes and high cholesterol is I thought if I cut out the sugar and eat lower fatty foods I shouldn't need to take the two pills that were prescribed. I was wrong and found that out the hard way. Now I take six pills and inject myself four times a day. Luckily the needles are small and don't hurt.I WILL DO THIS. I still have a lot of fishing trips and places I want to go so I have to.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I think quitting smoking could be a biggie. I've watched my stick sucking neighbors on their downhill slide - Dave's gone at 69 & Jim not looking good at 66 & still at least a pack a day.

My cholesterol gradually dropped from over 200 to 171 by replacing red meat fat, butter, ice cream, etc. with lean, olive oil, & frozen yogurt. Oh yeah, and FISH. There's a veg oil based spread that looks and tastes like butter that we like called "Earth Balance". Even if you need meds, I think diet shouldn't be overlooked.

You're a lucky guy, again, JJ.

Back