Jig Swap 11

Shoemoo

Well, I had a set of jigs all tied up and ready, but after I posted about catching 200+ crappie on one of my artic fox/chenille minner imitations I figured it would be cruel not to send those so you all could try out the pattern for yourselves. :D

I tied up the minners last night and will save the original jigs for the next swap. They will go out Monday. I hope you guys will have as much success with them as I have.

Shoemoo

I sent mine out yesterday. Normally I include a slip that lists the materials, but I didn't get a chance to do it this time. So I'll just list them here.

Head: 1/16 ounce minnow head
Paint: Harbor Freight white
Upper Body: Shiner/Minner chenille (Grandpa Bob's sells it as Shiner, Crazy Angler sells it as Minner)
Under Body: White Glimmer chenille
Upper Tail: Arctic fox gray
Under Tail: Arctic fox white
Flash: Silver Krystal flash

I've caught several crappie over 13" on this pattern this year (which is really good for this area,) and it's also done a great job fooling trout and bass.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Oh cheese its - think i'm in this swap!!! Better get started on them. I at least have the heads painted and went with 'silver clown' since i couldn't seem to electrify my clown how i wanted. Will get busting on them - scouts honor. :beer:

CrappieHappy

AtticaFish said:
Oh cheese its - think i'm in this swap!!! Better get started on them. I at least have the heads painted and went with 'silver clown' since i couldn't seem to electrify my clown how i wanted. Will get busting on them - scouts honor. :beer:

:Beer: , :icon14:

tsdunigan

sent my jigs out tuesday, tied my all time go to color combo I wll almost always tie one very similar to this to start every trip .

Radtexan

Almost done with my batch...Hopefully tonight............

Been experimenting with a new head color,,,,,,,,,chrome with chart holo sparkle.........I think yall might like this one.. :t-up:

Back