How about a fly swap?

moswampy

experimenting with dubbing tonight for the first time. slowly learning to build the body. have a few gill jigs/flys tied up should be buggy enough to work.

quivira kid

JJ1, you're mailing them to me. I will PM you my address when you're ready for it. What about something like a Clouser minnow? Bucktail, flash, and either some bead chain for smaller ones or dumbell eyes for bigger ones. I'm VERY jealous you can just "run over" to Feather Craft! Those guys should be able to point you in the direction of a warmwater fly that would work for you.

moswampy, I have found a dubbing loop works better than simple dubbing. It's easier to apply and is way more durable. It might be worth looking into!

quivira kid

Heather, I'll send you my info.

Jason,
I think we're gonna keep this one with the 6 I have on the list in the first post unless someone backs out. Reason being is a couple folks have already tied their flies and have them ready to go. I will host another if there's continued interest! WELCOME to JigCraft!

Zac

quivira kid

If you are on the list and are good to go for the swap, let me know! Haven't heard from a couple of you fellas, and I'm starting to get nervous.

I think I'm gonna tie up some "Crappie Candy" flies, if nobody else sends in something similar! I've got a few other tricks up my sleeve to add variety if somebody's gonna tie something like that, though.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I worked on mine today... took me 3 test flies before i got it how i wanted it. :D I am sticking with my #10 mini matukas in black & orange. Proving a b!tch to tie so glad i don't have to do 2 dozen!!!! haha. Almost switched my choice after a fun day yesterday with alot of dink LMB using a mini (#10) craftfur clouser. Got a few gills too. :)

I NEED to get them done by next week, gona have my hands full for awhile after that i think. Time for t-ball and i am coaching (tending the dandylion harversters) this year. Should be fun. :) Some auctions going to start here next week also.

You want pics or wait?

quivira kid

Sounds good! I can't wait to see those mini Matukas. You can post pics if you'd like, or I can take pictures when they get here... Either way is great with me!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Mine are done, but am waiting to get my travelin' swap box back from the last jig swap - then they will be on their way! :cool:

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Zac - PM me your mailing address.... mine are all done and ready for a trip out your way!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I will post up a teaser...... :D

101_2831_e.jpg

The 2 on the top left are the orange butt mini matuka swap flies tied on #10 Diachi nymph hooks. Rest are extras for QK. Bottom 2 are some tiny (#12 - smallest hooks i have tied so far! And i can't see why i would go any smaller. lol) blk/org craft fur clousers that caught me some keeper bluegill last week. :cool: 2 on the right are a couple of #6 bead chain matukas that have proven them self productive for river smallmouth. BUT, the tiny swap flies are more focused more on panfish........... trout are for those who do not have bluegill - ;)

My 'Matuka' pattern i know is not traditional.... but the same as cooking, i always like to adjust the receipe to my taste and what i have on hand. :)

quivira kid

Attica, those look sweet! You been stalkin' me on FAOL?? Hahaha

Got flies today from H.Hawkins. With Attica and LedHed's on the way, we'll be able to get this swap completed perfectly. Guess I should tie somethin' up tonight to send back to y'all...

Back