Eagle Claw lil nasty jighooks.

redear

ledhead, since you have been fishing these hooks a lot lately I am curious as to weather you open up the gap on these hooks before you fish them or do you leave them as is? redear

LedHed

Sponsor
Don't open or cant them redear. I'm only fishing the ultra light stuff - nothing bigger then a #6 - and prefer using black chrome. Primarily fish for Bluegill and Redear.

redear

already have 1000 of them and even tho I haven't poured any yet, I like them. It's been too cold out in the shop to open up both doors for ventilation, which is what I do when I pour, the wind comes straight thru the shop that way, and right across where I'm sitting, still wear a respirator tho. between these hooks and the mustad extra lite wire hooks they are all I need. I have had plenty of instances where I took a brand new jig and went to open the gap a little on the matzuo and it snapped off, hoping for better luck in that regard with the eagle claws.

redear

hey ya'll, I just opened the 2000 new lil nasty jighooks and they are not as sharp as the first 1000 I have, they also have larger barbs and shorter points, while they are sharp enough to catch fish, I was hoping for 2000 more of the same as my first 1000. this explains why some people me included are saying they are very sharp while others are saying not so. I'm sorry for anyone that I caused to go out and buy these with the expectation that they would be as sharp as the others, my first batch was for sure. I'm gonna be returning these for the others I think. kip

Kdog

redear said:
hey ya'll, I just opened the 2000 new lil nasty jighooks and they are not as sharp as the first 1000 I have, they also have larger barbs and shorter points, while they are sharp enough to catch fish, I was hoping for 2000 more of the same as my first 1000. this explains why some people me included are saying they are very sharp while others are saying not so. I'm sorry for anyone that I caused to go out and buy these with the expectation that they would be as sharp as the others, my first batch was for sure. I'm gonna be returning these for the others I think. kip

Maybe there is something inherently different in the manufacturing process to make sickle hooks that make process control more of a challenge. Inconsistant sharpness? whats next, eye leg length, twist, angle of bend, hardness, I hope its not a here we go again.

LedHed

Sponsor
Please, please don't be out sourcing EC!!!

re- is the order bronze hooks?

I'm using primarily the black nickel. This is not good news. There is a tackle show (Fred Hall) going on right now - didn't want to go. Might have to - just to talk to the EC reps......

hookup

Kdog said:
Maybe there is something inherently different in the manufacturing process to make sickle hooks that make process control more of a challenge. Inconsistant sharpness? whats next, eye leg length, twist, angle of bend, hardness, I hope its not a here we go again.

I just got 100 Gamakatsu's and 3 of them were bad (open eyes and kirbed by angle in bend)

I think anything that's massed produce has an accepted level of failures. Problem is that's not good with the customer.

redear

all I know is the first 1000 I got were great, but the last batch would make a guy want to buy matzuo.

redear

I have sent capt hooks an email requesting replacement and received an email back stating that they were sending me matzuos today and to just send the lil nasties back. wow, now that is service!

Pop

Havn't seen any posts regarding the Little Nasty's in about a year.  I'm ordering hooks very soon and need to decide what to get.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks, Pop

Kdog

Pop.
I've continiued using lil nasty's and other than a bad hook once in a while, no problems.

LedHed

Sponsor
hu - The price that Gamakatsu charges, you shouldn't have any defects!!

Pop - I'm still using them - that's all I used last season and that's all we plan on using this season..... They don't grab the nail but they do stick fish. Got 6s and 8s if you want to try some.

hookup

Led - agreed!

Pop - been pouring allot of #4, #2, #1, and #1/0 nasties with no problems

Back