Drought in your area?

ragged edge

Wensday, Santa Rosa on the eastern plains where I fish mostly got 2 feet of hail and was on national news. Not exactly what we need but it was moisture.

JSC

This is a "wash out" couple of miles from me ..
View attachment 6

Still falling and forecast for more ... Just like syrup and biscuits .. never comes out even.

Attachments

• 3280washout.jpg
    3280washout.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 45

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wow, "cactus is dying" .
And, "2 feet of hail" ?!
I once considered the San Juan River tailwater area might be a decent place to reside.

Shoemoo

Drought here. One of the local reservoirs has been completely drained for irrigation, and many of the others are low with the managed rivers at minimum flow.

The heat wave we got last week and the start of this week didn't help matters much either. Consistent daytime temps over 100 doesn't make for fun fishing unless you go at night. It hit 109 on Monday, a record for this area.

ragged edge

JSC send the water over here. Shoomoe you are in the same boat with me high and dry. Our lake south of here contains over 2M acre feet of water and now it is down to 70k. The ten lane boat ramp is down to three. The eastern plains lakes are to the point the water level is below ramps and not accessable, but rain is in the forecast. Have no ideas how the ranchers and farmers are going to make it if we have no rain to speak of this year. Hawn I'm sure you know where Chama is. It reached 101* last week. Sigh..........

smalljaw

I'm in PA, my favorite river has been unfishable as it is high and muddy, it has rained just about everyday for the last 2 weeks, usually T-storms and the down pours are really bad. I believe yesterday was the first time we didn't have at least 1 storm dump any rain on us, I hope it stays that way for awhile. I have experienced the drought too, back in 05 we had drought followed by flooding in 06, it seems that if we aren't getting floods we get drought and if you need to know how much water we got, the water table here is full and even with the heat we could actually go more than a month without rain before it would even begin to affect the water table, the ground is soaked.

JSC

Drough --- Floods .. Like Syrup & Biscuits .. Never comes out equal

Looks like we are still in for more ... wish I had a way to send it to all of you that need it ... We have had several dry years before this ... I think we are caught up.

:)

ragged edge

The western part of the state is getting much needed rain as well as the eastern part. My favorite lake on the east side has come up 17' in six weeks and we can now launch a boat. Planning on hitting the lake in a few weeks to fill the frig with crappie.

StumpHunter

ragged edge said:
The western part of the state is getting much needed rain as well as the eastern part. My favorite lake on the east side has come up 17' in six weeks and we can now launch a boat. Planning on hitting the lake in a few weeks to fill the frig with crappie.

Awesome news!!!!!!! The same thing happened to our lakes also, 20' in less than 2 months.:icon14:

Back