Crazy Angler Shipping Charge

jig-guy

Do not work for free. So no one wants to pay for postage. Let them get in their $17,000.00 car and put $3.50 a gallon fuel in it and drive to a store that does not have what they want!
Bill

redear

when he started he had some of the best prices around and I bought plenty from him, now I might as well get the stuff from barlows or chuck and debs, just bought 130 bucks worth of kiptails from these two and they both came in 4 days I think it was. 11.50 for shipping and handling when your prices are no longer low, to me is too much, most of the jig tying stuff is very lightweight.

wtex

I know Crazy Angler very well. And if you have a problem why don't you act like a Man and contact him. Instead of blasting his business on a public forum. He has worked very hard and is a very generous human being. He would give it to you before he would ripe you off. I deal with shipping cost every day and they are high. But it has become part of business. You don't have time to give to go to the Post Office get the exact charge and then go back and do an invoice return and mail it or have it picked up.. If you are to stay in business you must turn more profit than Washington is gonna take. I have done business with him since he started up and have never had a problem. His business has grown and he has to delegate duties to others. So if you have a problem talk to the man instead of being a whine bag with a key board.

Bucko

I don't think redear was crossing any lines by saying that. inflated shipping charges are beginning the norm. some companies make more from having up the shipping than they do on the item itself.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wtex - this is posted in the purchase feedback section of the forum. I understand how you feel since he is your friend, but I do not see this as blasting a business since the majority of the discussion is simply questioning shipping policies. Other discussions have shown there are a lot of people here that use Crazy Angler and are very happy with the service. Others use their own preferred sources.

I purchase majority of my actual tying stuff from Jann's Netcraft only because it is so close to me, near Toledo, OH. Their shipping fees however are complete and utter bull$h!t calculated by $$ spent rather than weight of goods! Spending the gas $$ to get there is cheaper, but the time spent in the drive is where they have me by the.... well, you know.

I do have some first hand experience from my day job as co-owner of a retail shop located in a downtown district of a small city.......... loyalty in shopping for ANYTHING is something very rare these days. Would love it if i had a 'local' fly tying shop and would gladly pay extra for goods purchased from someone in my community. Online distributors want their prices to look as low as possible so they show up first on web searches...... then make up for it with inflating their shipping cost on EVERYTHING they sell. Which is why shopping local at any possible time is so nice, you get to actually pay for the goods at the correct price with out hidden shipping fees worked into the price or tacked on at the web cart checkout. When you buy online, you have to pay for shipping regardless! Have dealt with countless customers in my store that go to one of these online T-Shirt printers because they offer free shipping. What a joke. Next year they come back because they found out the shipping was free, but 50 shirts costed them $1.50 more per shirt than my price. Well.... they just paid $75 in shipping. ;)

Can't make all the people happy all the time....... can only make some of the people happy some of the time.

redear

WTEX, I really don't think contacting robert would do any good or change anything, you know the old saying, it is what it is. the fact is that the shipping and handling is higher than most, while the prices are now average or thereabouts. several years ago we were all going to him because his prices and shipping were lower than anyone out there for the most part. I don't worry about hurting feelings when it comes to saving a dollar.

ARjigger

I guess I'll get in on this...share my opinion and such. I buy the things I buy, including my jig tying wares, based mostly on the convenience of getting them in my hands. Whatever those items might be, I base the value of them on what it is they mean to me (my perception of value) and then the convenience associated to receiving them. At the end of the day if a shipping charge makes my butt hurt I get the thing from a different source. A $1.00 here or a $1.00 there amounts some times to inconvenience waiting or getting some something short of what I think I want/need. Crazy Angler or other suppliers get what they get for shipping and if you don't like that get it somewhere else or do without it - buying elsewhere is your only power over the perceived high price of shipping or whatever. Is it more complicated than that?

New River Rat

crappiecripplerjigs said:
I ordered $73 worth of chenille this week. Shipping was $10.50 plus $1.00 handling fee. That's more than 15% of purchase. Chenille isn't heavy and doesn't require a large box. In my opinion that's a bit steep for shipping. The prices have gone up a good bit as well.

Here's a guy that does custom plastic and jigs "that catch fish when all else fails". Yeah, whatever. Anyway, prolly 5 years back I complained he was to high on his S&H, and his reply? Make a larger order or get some guys to go in together on an order to lessen the S&H cost.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 101

QPassage

I've purchased from G Bob and C Angler. All I'm saying is I'd pay twice that in shipping just to have it in a few days compared to the few weeks being the alternative. C Angler has always shipped to me as priority and usually I have it in 2-3 days.

redear

I just ordered a bunch of chenille from cat and the prices have dropped as well as the shipping, I have nothing to complain about now so I guess I'll just be quiet. Sorry Robert

redman

I never complain as it is 42.7 miles from his door to mine according to my GPS. Yes on several occasions when I needed material I got in my truck and boogied over to Robert's to pick things up. Looks as if my S & H is the same price as the rest of you. The up side I most of the time get next day service do to the fact that I am that close. On the other hand we get charged 12 bucks to have the specialty pharmacy send two of my wifes meds to our door from Shreveport and that is two day service. That is still a bargain as a trip there is 80 mile round trip or to put it another way 4 gallon of gas trip at $3.15 a gallon plus my time two hours and city traffic that is a nightmare.

Sending a order to CA tonight and am not even thinking about the postage.

Redman

LedHed

Sponsor
How dare you Robert - trying to accommodate your customers - for shame......

WTG CrazyAngler - you rock!!!!!!!

That would be too close for me redman - think Robert would get real tired of my ugly mug.....

Jig Man

Good thing I don't live that close. We would stay in trouble cause we would be fishin all the time!

redear

I have some of his dirty chicken chenille and am itching to tie something with it, this stuff is really different, a rosy pink on the inside with a medium green crystal chenille that sticks out further that the pink for contrast and flash.

Jig Man

I have caught some goood uns on his Texas Toast chenille... Thats prolly what I will tye on first this afternoon!

Back