Crazy Angler Shipping Charge

crappiecripplerjigs

I ordered $73 worth of chenille this week. Shipping was $10.50 plus $1.00 handling fee. That's more than 15% of purchase. Chenille isn't heavy and doesn't require a large box. In my opinion that's a bit steep for shipping. The prices have gone up a good bit as well.

Jay Wirth

It may depend on the size box. $10.50 sounds right (a little less) for a large flat rate box or padded envelope. If they stuff it in a small flat rate box and charged you $5.80 would you complain that the chenille was crushed and wrinkled?? Im not trying to 'poke you with a stick' and apologize in advance for how this must sound. To me $73 worth of chenille is a pretty big pile.

Pup

A little food for thought that I'll toss out here. Has nothing to do with CA, but since shipping has been mentioned.

Buy $35.00 worth (or more) of chenille from Herrschners and often your shipping is free, depending on their current promotion. Now, I know they're not selling fly tying chenille per se, but they carry a #4 weight (think crappie here) in skeins of nice basic colors. I've bought their "store brand" and name brand (e.g Northland, Rozetti) chenille's in #5 and #6 weights for bass lures, flies, and jigs and have been very satisfied with them. Just another option for our tyers out there who don't mind using materials from a craft supplier and are looking for basics.

Do a little twisting with their chenille and you could come up with some interesting ties.

crappiecripplerjigs

Charges have never been that high before. I've purchased from him for many years and ordered much larger quantities. And, it's really not that big of a pile.

hookup

Last week the Post Office raised their rates. I know other retailers that have followed suit.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
To me that $1 Handling is the most annoying part! That's like saying I'm going to charge you a dollar just for ordering from me. That order could be shipped for about $6 in a padded flat rate envelope with tracking.

Shipping costs was the hardest thing to Figure out when I was running my site. For it to be figured automatically either by price of sale or quantity of items ordered someones going to be overcharged. A lot of places I've learned to order over the phone and I tend to get more accurate charges.

Pepop

Robert's shipping is the same as it has always been, $4.50 for an order less than $10. Any order over $10 the shipping is 10.50. I've never seen a $1 "Handleing" fee. Maybe he added that when postal rates went up. Still a bargain for the fastest shipping in the business. IMHO!

crappiecripplerjigs

Not trying to step on any Texas Toes. This is my opinion. I think it's high. It was shipped in a flat rate envelope according to tracking. Don't think those are $10.50.

jig-guy

I ship items to my customers every day.
a. USPS raised shipping rates a week ago. I can not control that!
b. Handling charge is BS. Packaging and what it takes to get the product shipped is in your price for the goods you sell. One of my venders charged me a $8.00 handling charge + frieght on a $108.00 order. They are not a my vender any more ( more BS).
c. I would be very angry if my purchase came in a envelope and my purchase was damaged. I will not purchase molds from any business that shipped a new Do-It mold in a flat rate envelope with no padding at all (BS). I purchase my molds from Barlow's because of there packaging & fair price. Who needs a bent new mold, not me.
e. Some items I can combine shipping and save the customers some money. Other items weigh to much so shipping and packaging is what I have to get.
From my position here the dollar amount of a sale does not control my shipping charges. I go by weight and what it costs for the USPS cost, Box, Tape, padding for item so it gets to my customer not screwed up, also how fast the package gets to my customer with a tracking number.
f. I do not know how big a box it took for the above order or the weight of it. I do know that if I purchased over $70.00 worth of product I surely would not want it to arrive here at my house messed up.
g. Big flate rate envelope less than $5.00 with no padding.

I have been shipping my products since 1993, 21 years.

IMHO Bill

crappiecripplerjigs said:
Not trying to step on any Texas Toes. This is my opinion. I think it's high. It was shipped in a flat rate envelope according to tracking. Don't think those are $10.50.

Jig Man

Your not stepping on my toes. I just placed an order from Bears Den. Purchase $26.99.... Shipping $8.75... A dollar more than the highest price I was quoted. Shipping has gone up. More people need to us Fed-Ex! JMO!!!

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Jig Man said:

Your not stepping on my toes. I just placed an order from Bears Den. Purchase $26.99.... Shipping $8.75... A dollar more than the highest price I was quoted. Shipping has gone up. More people need to us Fed-Ex! JMO!!!

Dang I wonder what my shipping price is gonna be! (thinking)

Jig Man

Not sure Ronny, my bride says it will depend on the package you ship in... USPS.com will be your best source for info....

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Im just saying don't think nuthin of it if the label gets blacked out with a sharpie and the price seems high!

Jig Man

Sounds like the price of jerky is goin up.... :D Got some back strap thawin out on the counter right now...

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
CrappieHappy said:
Ron Don said:
Im just saying don't think nuthin of it if the label gets blacked out with a sharpie and the price seems high!

Don't forget my cut bro.... ;)

Looks like the demand just went up......... you can double the price!

Always hate to pay it but hard to avoid. Does irk me when places use shipping to MAKE money. Netcraft shipping is pricey but i am close enough to get to their store on occasion since they are just as close as any Cabelas or BPS.

crappiecripplerjigs

Okay Pepop. I'm jumping on ya brother. Now you know the facts. Fair or not fair? Also, you say his shipping is $10.50 for $10.00+ order? Of you ordered 7 packs of chenille and were charged $10.50 + $1.00 handling would that be cool? Couldn't help it. No hard feelings. Have a good weekend!

StumpHunter

I hate to over pay for shipping.

My shipping on ebay is 1.99 and I ship in a small bubble mailer. the bubble mailers are .50 each and the postage was 1.69 so I was under charging and now postage is 1.93 + .50 = 2.43, that's cost for me plus I still have to drive to the post office. If I sell 1 pack of jigs @ $4 and they pay 1.99 shipping it comes to 5.99 total. 5.99 - 2.43 shipping = 3.56 - .90 ebay fees and - .60 paypal fees = $2.06 so my four jigs that I sold for $1 each now is only bringing me .52 cent. This jig tying just don't seem to be worth it.

All this is just to show some times a high looking shipping price may not be high to the seller.

Back