Coffee

StumpHunter

I'm seating here drinking my first cup of Community New Orleans Blend coffee that Hunter sent to my, WOW! Thanks Gary... I really like it. It has the taste of a little stronger coffee that I like. I'm :jig:
I will be ordering the chicory to mix my blend. :)

CrappieHappy

On my second Pot of Java.... I may have to try that there chicory. I drink community at work, but think its the regular blend....

StumpHunter

Heath, the first pot of the day is very important and this blend is nice. I read a lot of Western books and they talk about chicory coffee in them. Always wondered about the taste,, I'm sold on it.

hunter7711

I was almost out and just received another case of it from Amazon. It looks like there about to run out of it. You can sign up for some priority shipping and shipping will be free. I waited 2 days and canceled the premium program. I think it's $53 for a case of 10 full 1# bags. That's pretty cheap.

hunter7711

They sell everything. They showed just a few left of the one with Chickory. No special deal, just a special program to get it shipped free that you can cancel within the first month. You can buy any coffee from them. A lot cheaper than the stores.

blt

I've heard of the chicory coffee, but I thought that was what they drank during the civil war when they could not get real coffee. Kind of like a coffee "extender" to make your good stuff last. Didn't know it was popular to drink it now.

Day to day coffee, grind my own 8 o'clock blend with the brown label.
When I have the extra $ to drink away, Costa Rican, Ethiopian, and Ivory coast coffee. All are Black. Cost about $12-$13/lb. at local stores.

And one time, you should find someone wealthy and talk THEM into getting a pound of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee. Not some cheap stuff that only has 10-20% mixed in, but pure blue mountain. Will run between $38-$44 A POUND lol.
Yes, I am a coffee drinker lol.

redman

My Gawd all most as much as a bottle of 15 year old Balvinie Scotch Whiskey. Think that I will drink my cheap coffee but will spend the good money on the Scotch. Seriously I know that there are very good coffees and you get what you pay for. I guess that I am not that much of a conniseuer of coffee to justify a price like that. I do spend $7.50 on 14 oz. of some of the Community Coffee special blends. Guess I am a cheap skate.

Redman

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I had some of the Blue Mountain coffee on our honeymoon in Jamaica a few years back! Awesome stuff! The mountain they grow it on is so fertile that the coffee plants actually look blue from a distance! It aint so high over there. Another drink from there, Red Stripe was nice too!

blt

Now don't mis-read that lol, I don't buy that stuff, just say if you have the chance, ya got to try it. My 8 O-Clock coffee is about $7.50 a pound. I'm to poor to be wasting money on the expensive stuff.
Scotch? There is not any scotch old enough for me to enjoy. Can't stand the stuff, or Bourbon...Gin....don't know how you can sit around sipping that stuff lol.

redman

Sorry BLT I keep forgetting that every one isn't a Scotch fan like yours truly. They tell me scotch is a Acquired taste. The first taste for me an it was required that I have more. I drink all of the above but try not to do it to excess. My coffee in the morning is a must and a nice mellow cocktail before dinner is a nice end to the day. Don't care what is for supper it's always good. Sometime I even have to have a cup of Coffee after desert Especially with PIE. If any one cares Cherry, Strawberry, Apple or Buttermilk Are my Favorites.

Redman

blt

I know a lot of people that love that stuff. I don't really care for any liquor straight. Don't drink much to begin with. Most times, I tell the guys to "have at it", and I'll drive.

redman

Hunter I am with you on that. One of the better bourbons. Love the Jim Beam Green, Black aint bad ether.

RonDon Yes Good old Red Stripe. Down here in Texas we seem to Drink a lot of Beer. There are two kinds Hot and Cold. And the best is the kind that someone else buys.

Redman

Back