Coffee

redman

Okay Guys and Gals: It's early in the morning just let the dogs out and and am ready for a cup of coffee. I bet that just about all of you enjoy a good cup of coffee. I am going to go for a cup of Cajun Coffee this morning. For those of you not in the know it is a mix of Coffee and Chicory.

Once made it is pour in to a cup half full and milk or half and half added. I make mine in a drip coffee maker. and the secret to this is to add a dash of salt on top of the grounds before brewing. At least that is what the old Cajun Cook told me to do. I use a local blend that is indigenous to this part of the south call Community Coffee.

Being about 35 miles away from the nearest Starbucks and not wanting to spend $3 a cup on coffee( can buy a lot of hooks with that much cash). I will make it my self and enjoy while watching the sun come up with the dogs. Question what is your favorite Brand local or national and what flavor? This something that is not brought up very often. So thought it would be fun.

Enjoying my first cup of the morning

Redman

ScottV

After working in and out of New Orleans for 30 yrs., I've drank a lot of chicory coffee. I still have to doctor it up with cream and sugar though.

LRB

I like Community Coffee...with half and half......then when it is colder here in Texas...I will add some Baileys Irish Cream to it...!!!..Woo-Hooo !!:D:D

ML~~

Hawnjigs

KISS
What does the salt do for coffee?

Here on the Big Island, we drink local, meaning Kona. Lots to choose from including small farm direct, but the 120 mile winding drive to the other side of the island is a bit much, so we just choose from the selection at our local CVS pharmacy in Pahoa. Right now, its Mulvadi $6.99 for 8 oz. on sale & Royal Kona 10% blend decaf around $5 for 8 oz. Anyone want some mailed just PM me.

Coffee actually grows wild in some of the forested areas here.

toadfrog

Folgers , Maxwell House , Hills Brothers , Cain's if I'm going to drink all of it within 30 Min. And I always take it straight up unless I get a hankering for chocolate in the winter . Then I may contaminate it with Mocha .

upnort16

Folgers or Maxwell house, classic roast and made a tad strong according to my wife. A stanley full every day, work, perchin' or racin', always have my coffee in the morning and some eveings with a desert mostly. Been years, but esspresso was a regular thing with the folks, old age slowed that down, now it's "irish" or a shot of brandy! Just plain black for me though.

hunter7711

I drink Community New Orleans Blend with Chicory. I buy it by the Case of Amazon. a lot cheaper than the stores. I take a pound of it and add to a pound of folgers. We drink it black.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got to have my coffee and not to picky as long as it is strong and black. Occasionally we do get some whole beans (mix of a Hawaiian blend and Carmel flavored from Krogers) that we grind and mix half and half with our usual Maxwell house. Its good and not bitter at all, but those whole beans are pricey.

redman

Didn't think that this thread would take off like it did. Guess that every one likes coffee. Most of us Backwoods type do. Ether that or a good strong Tea. But the Tea is for another day. Guess that I am the odd man out when it comes to adding something stronger with my coffee. I like ether Jameson's or a single malt scotch with mine. I had a friend up North that liked a shot of Blackberry Brandy in his. When it gets cold on those occasions that there is snow in the air I will make a cup of coffee with hot Chocolate mix ( Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate ) and add a Starlite peppermint crushed in with it. Only two or my stomach Will let me know that I am at caffeine over load.

Glad to see so many Community Coffee drinkers on here. Hunter 7711 you shocked me. By the case. Wow. My wife would have a hissy fit if we bought that much. I must admit that I have 4 pounds of Community Coffee in the Hazelnut stash away in the freezer that I will drink once a week or so. Kind of like The Chicory. Don't Forget the other Cajun Coffee from Louisiana Mello- Joy, It is darn good also. I like there Dark roast the best. To bad that some of you haven't got to try any of the Cajun roasted coffee in your area of the country. I think that it is like a regional secret of some kind.

Redman

Fatman

Since I live right down the road from Green Mountain Coffee roasters I drink it - Our blend or Breakfast Blend. With the coffee prices up I've been drinking Maxwell House.

Radtexan

WE do some chickory coffee occasionally.Wife has a good friend from NO and every time she goes home,she brings us a couple can's of
fyVMtP8A

hunter7711

Cafe Du Monde is way too strong for me. When I go there it defintely has to be cut. A box of 10 1lb bags of Community Coffee on Amazon is $46.00. Thats cheap. And when you mix it 50-50 with the other, lasts quite a while. I ordered this case in Feb and am on my last bag. It keeps fresh in the freezer.

StumpHunter

I love my coffee and I'm a Maxwell House man. I like my coffee a little stronger than most but I want to taste the coffee. With the prices going up each week I may have to look at other brands also. Have not thought about buying it on line but I am going to start looking, thanks.

hunter7711

Try that New Orleans Blend with Chicory. It has to be mixed 50-50 with any other brand. You'll like it. It is VERY GOOD coffee. PM me your address again and I'll send you a bag that I already mixed, and you can make your mind up before you buy it.

Back