Arthritis relief

Hawnjigs

KISS
Looked up may apple - OK seems west of their natural range? Think my shady fences might be decent habitat if the winters aren't too cold. Which apparently starts early next week.

Since I'm holding hands with Iowa here in the NE prairie, I'll have to inform myself of Native American uses of so called weeds. There's actually a nuisance ground hugging broadleaf in my yard that tasted good enuf to eat. I know, not a good idea to blind taste, but anything bitter or astringent gets spat out and mouth rinsed.

redman

Keith in your part of Nebraska you should be able to find some Native Healers. They may be able to help you in telling you which plants to have around you. We have our own cache of plants and herbs for most of the common stuff. Then there are the preparations for skin for burns and bruises and bites. Drawing salve for boils, slivers, and such.

Remember Native people live without modern medicine for thousands of years. They were healthy without all the modern foods and back then everything was organic.

Redman

toadfrog

Ya know I was kinda thinking . Just for giggles , How about each of us going to a grand parent or oldest living relative and ask them about their favorite cure for an ailment . Sorta a tribute and search for knowledge at the same time .

redman

Funny you should ask as today I was talking to my 87 year old mother and we talked about that very thing. I will start it out and add to it with some of the cures that we use.

Mother use to make us take 1/8 teaspoon of Nutmeg dry to stop nausea and vomiting. Hard to get down but it worked every time. 6 oz of boiled milk will stop diarrhea in a few hours. Works faster than cheese and butter can be added to make it easier to get down.

More to come.

Redman

toadfrog

Whew have had to do a little job for a while finally got back to this . Was able to talk to My 80 year old unk . He told me during depression years that when the reservation kids had to attend the government schools that head lice ran rampant . In those days they would take polk root pound it up , steep it in water . Then add that water to there homemade lye soap . Every day or two they washed in this soap . None of the family ever had head lice .

Back