Arthritis relief

toadfrog

I have battled arthritis for years, two kinds . I figured to share what has made it possible for me to do things once forbidden to me . First quit tobacco. Second quit large amounts of coffee . Third eat no processed meat i.e. deli meats , potted meat ,spam ect . Eat meat only from known sources that don't use feed with genetically modified grains and check the labels on milk for GMO free . Fourth consume absolutely no processed sugar or derivative of it ,aspertame fructose ect . Honey is good to rely on for sweetner.
Fifth drink only water from springs , wells ect. at the very least distilled water . Vitamin supplements help in liquid form . If you must use a pill take them at night when the body can absorb more of it . One of the better supplements for me has been Super Male Vitality , B12 , Follic acid and vitamin D . Now I warn you If you try this your going to have to fight not only your body cravings but an all out mental war . You will wind up nearly a forced vegetarian because there is not much left in a store or restaurant to eat when you eliminate the a fore mentioned . Been at this for a year and just now seeing the results . What did it do for me . Well I can throw a base ball without snapping spurs off in my shoulder blades . I can climb a tree , run , ride a horse , use a chain saw ect. and not take pain pills for three days after . Most of my problems now are actual injuries from the past maybe a few genetic fupas,s due to heredity . So there you have it guys . No instant fix , no native medicine man to blow smoke in your face or throw dirt at you without rocks if he likes you . Hope this helps someone . In the morning I'm going to split wood with an axe . Why? Because I can . Woo Hoo

Kdog

WTG I know how hard it is. Two things you may want to consider adding are Organic Molasses great source of vitamins and minerals as well as a bit of sweetening, Organic apple Cider Vinegar Both have a positive effect on arthritis

Hawnjigs

KISS
Toad, didya quit alchoholic beverages and did it help? Also is organic a part of your program? You didn't mention fish?

Here in Huskerland, it would be impossible to grow organic crops free from wind drift pollen. And our water supply is fluoridated.

toadfrog

Kdog I use all the cider and molasses . anything organic I can do myself .
Hawn fish is perfect as long as you catch it yourself or know where it comes from . Alcohol really needs to be made at home if you use it . I haven't found it to make things worse at least not in moderation . Bout 2 oz before bed will help with the god awful stiffness in the morning And the pain of laying in one spot too long . I take a quart of 100 or more proof add some menthol oz or two . Then gather a load of willow leaves run them threw a juicer with alcohol Put that in a jar store it for as long as it takes to turn the liquid almost olive green . Its ready to use then . you can also add jalapeno pepper to the leaves in the juicer (a fresh small one bout 3/4 inch) . All hot peppers contain capsicum which helps with circulation .Quality wine is good ,elderberry is really good for flu symptoms ect if home made and has the pulp in the bottom .Where I live home made stuff is easy to get . Might be harder for the rest of you . I'm not going to lie and say I feel like I'm twenty again or even 40 but life is considerable better . It all boils down to diet . If your guts are full of bad bacteria it causes a multitude of symptoms that can cause misdiagnosis . Read all labels on everything and remember fast food is an early death . They use silicone and foaming agents in the cooking oils . Stuff you will find in weed killers . Be aware and be on guard . For heavens sake don't let anybody give you vaccines especially Ebola . Better shut up now before I get on my soap box .

goodtimesfishing

Toadfrog- glad to hear things are getting better for you. It is amazing the difference diet makes. I too battle arthritis in my upper back. learning to live with pain is NO fun. Our loved ones feel it too, as the constant pain trickles down hill. Anyone dealing with chronic pain knows what I mean.
That is some good info you listed!

Bucko

Shaving the bark from young willow branches then making a tea from it is like aspirin. Remember my grandma doing that sometimes. I forgot the name of the chemical in the bark though.

toadfrog

Just hoping to help guys. Bucho ,Grandma was right. The willow tree contains tanic acid I believe . Aspirin is similar in chemical makeup but the willow extract is strictly mother natures kitchen which means aspirin is as close to it as chemists can come . Genetics has a lot to do with how much relief you get from nearly any medicine . Been doing a little studying found that there is a basis for epigenetics even . That's where the things we eat , do and think or say can be imprinted on the unborn offspring through genetic bit particles . If certain habits are changed before full development it's said that those traits will remain dormant . The more I looked at that the more concerned i became . Looking back I kinda feel like I could have been a better dad before the kids got here . Think there is a piece on youtube about it .

toadfrog

Sure does take some will JSC . I go by the Ice Cream section and start quivering like a hound with a possum tree-ed.

JUNGLEJIM1

I'm glad things are better for you. It certainly takes willpower and discipline. I wish I can do that for a year. I try and it lasts a month or so before some bad habits return. Never was much for the fast food anyway but ice cream is my downfall. I worked at a dairy where there was a soft serve machine in the break room, old habits die hard. Good all day but snack at night.

Hawnjigs

KISS
No kidding, changing the ingrained habits and gratifications of a lifetime, speshly a loong one like Toads takes GUTS. Helps to do it in manageable stages, an issue at a time.

Organic ice cream is available, even in a Nebraska Safeway.

I've watched many of my loved ones die of cancer - Mom, Dad, Aunties, In-Laws etc. with conventional medical treatment at best offering a brief delay & goofy pain killer fog. Just saw this video which offers a different approach to cancer therapy and in fact most any chronic debilitating illness.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Beautiful-Truth-Worlds-Simplest/dp/B001J66JQ8

There's also the importance of movement aka excercise. It's 26* out and I'm gonna suit up and walk a coupla miles soons as I'm done typing. Not bad for a coconut boy, eh?

Bucko

Willow bark is the bark from several varieties of the willow tree, including white willow or European willow, black willow or pussy willow, crack willow, purple willow, and others. The bark is used to make medicine.

Willow bark acts a lot like aspirin, so it is used for pain, including headache, muscle pain, menstrual cramps, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), osteoarthritis, gout, and a disease of the spine called ankylosing spondylitis.

Willow bark’s pain relieving potential has been recognized throughout history. Willow bark was commonly used during the time of Hippocrates, when people were advised to chew on the bark to relieve pain and fever.

Willow bark is also used for fever, the common cold, flu, and weight loss.

Salicin, the active ingredient in willow bark, seems to have contributed to the death of the composer, Ludwig von Beethoven. Apparently, Beethoven ingested large amounts of salicin before he died. His autopsy report is the first recorded case of a particular type of kidney damage that can be caused by salicin.

I was thinking of that willow bark and couldn't think of the chemical name so I had to Google it.

Pup

Glucosamine HCl + MSM pill supplements. Check with a Doctor for any potential drug interactions.

These are little miracles among some of my friends.

toadfrog

Hi ya pup been trying supplements for years . Haven't come up with a combination yet that was stead fast helpful . Guess I have done to much damage at this late date . But I'm way better off than I was .
For the younger set now is a good time to be studying up on how not to be decrepit when your old . Looks like ya may be thinking along those lines now .

Hawnjigs

KISS
Apparently, most consumers don't want to find out if their food contains GMO ingredients, evidenced by the failure of labeling initiatives in Washington, California, Oregon, and Colorado where the vote was 66% against. Amazing how effective $ is at buying public opinion. Supporters of GMO labeling were able to raise less than 1 million $, while Monsanto & minions spent 17 million $ in CO.

So, if one really cares about "studying up on how not to be decrepit when your old" you won't find real information on mainstream media. You'll need to dig deeper before its discredited into obscurity or even censored out of existence. I hope that doesn't include Mr. Toadfrog, or you other guys who care to share.

toadfrog

Ole Pard I look in everything from ancient medicines to oriental and native American medicines . Dow , Corning ,Bayer , Monsanto have all done there homework too . They went through The FDA to make almost every conceivable Natural herb of real value illegal . I may cross the line now and again to the extent of I like real sassafras tea which helps with blood pressure and circulation amongst other things, Homemade blackberry wine that has antioxidants and a little corn Ruma-tiz Medzine things like that . Don't know if any body knows what we call here a May Apple is . But it's said to help cancer and is also an antioxidant . It grows on a vine that seems to like fences . It will trail like honey suckle and bear a forrest green fruit 2.5 to 3.00 in dia. Middle September they will start to ripen turning a wrinkled lemon yellow clearly seen hanging. They are good nearly all winter . Tear them open eat the seed just like a pomegranit .To me it tastes like a cross between a banana and a kiwi . Light fruity flavor . As far as making a jelly or elixor out of it , I haven't found anyone that can tell me . Given my predisposition for putting myself in grave danger I'm not going to chance piddling around with my own concoctions. LOL

redman

Sometimes we have to go out and collected some of what we need. Make what we need and the best medicine is right under our noses. Have sent years learning about Native cures and most of them work. They can ban them from the market place but not from the woods and fields were they grow. Even some of the earth that we stand on can be used in healing. The old time pioneers used almost everything at there disposal to make medicine that got them thru in a pinch. Great Grandmother was a healer and we got dosed with some of those cures when we were young. Still alive and got well she must have know a thing or two and did it out on the Iowa Prairies.

Redman

Back