1/3/15 Tying?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thank - Yes, eyes and stripes are all powder painted using stencils of sorts. The purple powder on the one flathead uses mica mixed with transparent purple powder. The mix of the mica in any of the transparent/candy colors creates some super bright metallic colors.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Black / Orange

100_8339_e.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Somebody throw me up a 2-color combo they think would catch bluegill or crappie through ice..................

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Laid down way too much thread on the neck of the pinkie. Hopefully the NP coat will soak in enough and hold it together.

Had me stumped on materials to use for that combo Kdog. Got a plan now..... need to do down in the dungeon and get me another unpainted head.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Actually got to digging and found a single blue candy coated lead free head. :cool:

100_8356_e.jpg

Used Opal Mirage Accent as the flash purchased from Jann's. Really love this stuff and have tried a couple times to get a decent picture of it. It is crazy bright and flashy and reflects in a couple different colors. Has mainly a silver/gold/red flash to it but it turns almost a translucent purple when it has light behind it. Anyways..... pretty fancy looking flash. :icon14:

100_8356_e2.jpg

Jig Man

Good lookin jigs AF, sorry I wasn't able to join in with you. Hopefully soon we can have a tye in.. It has been too long!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
No doubt..... the solo act just doesn't cut it. Always nice to see several interpretations of a specific combo by different members. Got the black/red/flo yellow to post here in a sec. Need to tie me a big big bass jig to end the evening. Color suggestions?? :)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the black/red/flo yellow. The head i found (tiny, think it is a 1/100?) even has red glitter along with a tiny bit of mica. Came out pretty good in the pic. Has a crummy hook to be honest.... Netcraft sells these as trout heads which is laughable in my opinion. I'll be lucky to land (and unhook) decent bluegill with the hook.

100_8362_e.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a nice purple 1/4 round with a Gami hook............ Lets see what i can do. :beer:

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Goh wheres my purple jig already! Nope no patience here. Prolly wont have any hair in 9 months either. Gulp

Back