Your Most Annoying Fishing Experiences

Hawnjigs

KISS
Some of mine:

Arriving at a fishing destination without rod & reel!

Stepping on a rock that gives way at waters edge!

Tail hooking a big carp on 4# crappie gear!

JUNGLEJIM1

(1)Not zipping tackle bag up and losing a box of jigs.(2) Leaving tackle bag at home.(3) Leaving tackle bag at one lake and driving to another.I went back after arriving at other lake and realizing I had left it,but it was gone. I had over 300 jigs in the bag easy so I was devestated. A few weeks later while fishing the lake again a guy walks up to me and asked me if I lost something a few weeks ago. I told him I lost a tackle bag full of jigs. He reached into his bucket and pulled out my tackle bag. After thanking him I gave him a box of jigs. Talk about honesty!!!! Seems like I have a lot of senior moments and most occurred over ten years ago. I have stepped on more than one rock at the waters edge that has given way

hhawkins

Catching a 3 foot gar when fishing for walleye.
Line breaks, lost a jig or lure
Sliding in the mud into the water
someone casting over your line
A friend trying to do you a favor and break the worm for you and put the worm on the hook, when you do it yourself all the time, but the friend constantly does it.
Oh not letting go of the bale when casting out, yep that is embarrassing.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! That would be a long list!

Loaded up and took down my alum. canoe (by myself!) from my car only to find out i left my paddles at home. Threw out my back and was laid up for darn near a week to boot! I got rid of the canoe for a MUCH lighter kayak. :D

I have taken several thumps to the back of my head and neck from weighted flies... :beat-up:

Coyotes pestering me when i am shore fishing alone after dark....

I have taken an un-intended swim from the rocks...

I have tried to cast with the bail closed...

LOOSING JIGS TO THE ROCKS!!! :mad:

JUNGLEJIM1

Trying to tie a tiny jig on 2# test when it's 30 degrees out, hooking a good fish and guides are frozen. Already thinking ahead to the winter fishing.

ScottV

I trolled crankbaits for crappie recently until my trolling motor batteries were dead. When I went to crank my big motor, you guessed it, that battery was dead. Got towed 3 miles by a johnboat with a 25 hp on it. LOL

Back