you want to see my rack?

hhawkins

O.K. guys get you mind out of the gutter...LOL! O.K. had my toaster oven revamped. Unfortunitly it cost me. This rack will be the one and only for awhile, but it does the job. I like the out come.
View attachment 9

View attachment 1

Attachments

• jigcraft jigs 011.JPG
    jigcraft jigs 011.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 161
  • jigcraft jigs 012.JPG
    jigcraft jigs 012.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 161
  • jigcraft jigs 013.JPG
    jigcraft jigs 013.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 160

LedHed

Sponsor
Nice rack Heather...

Be careful - the spring in the clips might loose tension after repeated heating. We have used alligator clips on magnets to hold TC test wires in an autoclave - after a few runs they would give out.

hhawkins

LedHed said:
Nice rack Heather...

Be careful - the spring in the clips might loose tension after repeated heating. We have used alligator clips on magnets to hold TC test wires in an autoclave - after a few runs they would give out.

Thanks Ledhed for the warning. The best thing if the springs give up on me, is I can slide that clip off and put another one on in its place :D The thought process did hurt my brain just a little bit :beat-up:

toadfrog

Shucks and I thought you had shot a deer . Great rack anyway . Now that's thinking outside the box.

hhawkins

Hawnjigs said:
Holy ****, a woman figgered this out?!

Are those welds?

Yep they are welded. My good idea just had to have someone do the welding. If the clips wear out, I can just take them off and replace it with another clip.

Mack

Yeah I was thinking about doing the same thing but with running steel wire from pins left to right so i could hang them... paint doesn't run down the hooks with them right side up? Looks great, I like to make my own tools too. Saves alot of money to make your own tools and its nice to have something custom made. :)

hhawkins

Mack said:
Yeah I was thinking about doing the same thing but with running steel wire from pins left to right so i could hang them... paint doesn't run down the hooks with them right side up? Looks great, I like to make my own tools too. Saves alot of money to make your own tools and its nice to have something custom made. :)

Right side up, I think is the best way to cure the paint. I find that the paint creates a cone head, when hung head down. Which I don't like!

ScottV

I would offer to show my rack but I don't think anyone would even open the thread. LOL

Nice job Heather, and I've got to say it also, "Nice Rack".

Mack

hhawkins said:
Mack said:

Right side up, I think is the best way to cure the paint. I find that the paint creates a cone head, when hung head down. Which I don't like!

Good to know... I guess I'll have to figure out a way to hang them right side up... hmmm this might take some blue printing lol... thanks for the heads up (pun intended) :)

hunter7711

Here's my rack. Holds 70 jigs. clamp them tight with the wing nuts, turn over, and the paint runs down the shank instead of having the cone heads.
DSCN1544.jpg

CrappieHappy

hunter7711 said:
Here's my rack. Holds 70 jigs. clamp them tight with the wing nuts, turn over, and the paint runs down the shank instead of having the cone heads.
DSCN1544.jpg

Gary, quick ?, whats the smallest size jigheads the rack will accomodate without interference from the washers?

hhawkins

hunter7711 said:
DSCN1544.jpg

I had a make shift like that one and got so mad :mad: because no matter how much I would tighten down the nuts, the jig heads would still slip in the oven and I would have cone heads from the paint. That is when I decided something had to be done

Back