You can never be too careful

PanfishHunter

Hi guys, I recently acquired a kayak for fishing after wanting one for many years. It wasn't much but it got the job done and made some memories in the process. My neighborhood has nearly 0 crime, so i figured it'd be ok to leave it outside near my front porch.

Well, I was mistaken, as about a week back, it was stolen from me, it had 3 rods in it, including my fly rod, a large box full of micro jigs i tied (probably the saddest part) a brand new life vest, my paddle, and home made anchor.

This post is just to warn you all that you can't ever be too careful when it comes to storing items.

All in all, it was around 400 dollars lost, which shouldn't be too hard to regain, but it came as a surprise to me when i saw it missing.

Fatman

That really bites!!!! If you have any pawn shops around stop once in a while, and some have even been dumb enough to put up sale ads in the newspaper.

Sorry to hear it!

GrampsJigs

Sorry to hear that news. Keeping things secure as possible has become a "must" it seems these days. Hope you are able to recover some, if not all, of your losses. Thanks for the reminder!

hookup

That bites.

May the thief be invested with the fleas of 1,000 camels

Ditto on the jigheads, If you need anything just pm

PanfishHunter

Ive got my eye on craigslist. FB as well. and Ive told a few pawn shops to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks hookup, i appreciate it!

Kdog

Locally, we have several trading pages that I never knew existed. I have since learned they are great outlets for missing merchandise. Buddy of mine recently had a bunch of items stolen and found them for sale on one of the bargain hunter lists. Beauty of serial numbers and saved receipts/registration papers. He took the police with him and as long as mechandise was returned he would not press charges. He got his stuff back. I will not tell his revenge, he did not press charges but got his pound of flesh.

quintebasser

It is very sad to see someone lose the little bit of enjoyment in one's life to a sneaking lowlife.

snake River

where I come from we never had that problem I mean we can go into our neighbors the doors were never locked until about two years ago in the little town of Richland Oregon at the feed store they had a four-wheel-drive pickup that they use to call different stuff around and deliver stuff the owner went on vacation for two weeks and he come back in was working one week never pay no attention to anything until he went to get into the pickup to deliver something he asked the guys where is the pickup nobody knew anything while it was reported in the next day or so or that evening that they took to pick up and went down to the neighbors took there are four wheeler also took their ice chest went down the next street installed for rifles on a guys pick up and just went on through the little town taken everything that they can take that shows you that nobody can be trusted anymore in this world and it is horrible this little town was only 125 people and believe me it's out in the middle of nowhere it is 60 some miles to the biggest town anyway on the ending of all this they never did find a pickup or in any other stop that the guys but I tell you one thing you better not get caught in that town do you remember the old West days.

Back