Yellowfin Tuna Go Nuts!

jig-guy

9-22-2014
Boat: Aztec 65' out of Seaforth Landing San Diego CA. (619) 224-3383
Load: 22, fun bunch of fishing partners everyone hooked up at same time and few tangles. The over under was smooth and almost no fish were lost. These fish were everywhere attacking our boat, FUN & EXCITING.
The Catch: The Aztec limited out in less than an hour with 110 yellowfin tuna. Size 15 to 35 pounds, nice fish & fought real hard.
Where: About 100 miles down off Mexico south of San Diego.
Weather: Beautiful.

The boat: Aztec has a great operation with customer service I rate as a 10. The bunk room has nice clean bunks and the bunk room is air conditioned. The boat is a clean comfortable ride. Food good & not over priced.

This is my first trip in 2 years since being injured fishing 9-2012. After 3 surgeries and 54 sessions of FT I finally got out there again. I had a great time and will be going again soon.

Tight Linesjig-guy / Bill

hookup

Sounds like you got into a boil of them ...

Fun stuff

jig-guy

The tuna were caught on live bait anchovies mostly. Some were caught on top water popers even big spooks.
jg

I will be back on the water tomorrow Sunday off Long Beach Ca. This trip will be using the jigs and salt water stuff I made to go fish hunting. This outing is to play with my jig's. I will post tomorrow night with a new report on my adventure.
jg

Back