WTB: Fluid bed filter material

Edgecrusher

Looking for some who has fluid bed material or knows of a cost effective source for it, need a reasonable amount.

Edgecrusher

Thanks for the video - I do have 2 beds however they can be improved.

No home depot around here haha!

LedHed, Over time I have at least 25 cups to make, might only start with a few to try mesh on - haven't been happy with coffee filters, which the TJ's cups I have are great they get expensive when you are looking at so many.
I do spinnerbaits so I'm still struggling to find the ideal cup type - at the moment I use a gun and waste tonnes of powder

Kdog

I have been using heavy duty vaccum cleaner bags which work fairly well. I am waiting on some tyvek which I am told is a great filter material. Remains to be seen

Bucko

Don't shoot your spinner baits. Practice with brush tapping. Just as fast and do it over a paper plate that way you save the powder that drops.

Bucho

I´ve postet it before: a large sheet of laboratory grade filter paper - I got one free, lasts forever - an aquarium air pump, a few freezer jars and you´ll be powderpainting with the pros. connect one jar to the pump, cut out the other one´s bottom and replace it with filter paper. Plug them into each other and regulate air flow with the pump knob. Works a treat, even with bigger jars for saltwater or metal jigs. This leaves you with an unlimited number of plug-in storage- and fluid bed containers in one. No mess from filling and re-filling cups.

so cheap. so simple. Then again, vac cleaner bags sound nice, too!

17490372ik.jpg

JSC

Crusher ... I have found the best way to paint a spinner bait is to hold it by the wire .. heat just the head / insert and "swish" in paint HOOK FIRST !! If You heated it right there will very little paint on the hook after -- Brush off the loose paint on the hook (I use a small brush -- hit it a couple of swipes and you are clean on the hook) If I am going to 2 color I heat slightly again and "Tap On" . . and of course Bake afterwards ..

Bucho that is a neat way to do it.

I think Cadman has found another type paper to use .. maybe he will chime in.

Edgecrusher

JSC said:
Crusher ... I have found the best way to paint a spinner bait is to hold it by the wire .. heat just the head / insert and "swish" in paint HOOK FIRST !! If You heated it right there will very little paint on the hook after -- Brush off the loose paint on the hook (I use a small brush -- hit it a couple of swipes and you are clean on the hook) If I am going to 2 color I heat slightly again and "Tap On" . . and of course Bake afterwards ..

Bucho that is a neat way to do it.

I think Cadman has found another type paper to use .. maybe he will chime in.

JSC, when I crack the bed out thats the way I do it, can be a bit tricky with the size spinnerbaits we use here, 5/8 3/4 with 4/0 hooks, cups tend not to be deep enough, I like the container idea, the surface area with those will probably be ideal.

JSC

Hi I make them up to 1 oz 4/0 hooks and the standard cup works ok Might have to tilt the cup at times.
That deal Bucho has looks really good.

Back