Woolie worries

moswampy

Craft fur and the wool jigs tangle easily or you have to box them separately. Figured some fun noodle guards would work well and allow me to stuff a box full of jigs

84ae91cb0b978b0cbbaca66f521d24f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiggerjohn

Ole Red, who invented the woolie jigs, often warned me of the tangling & hook-stuck-in -wool problems -he sure was right (but I'm the eternal slow learner concerning anything neat or efficient!!)! Red keeps his own jigs on cards,3 at a time in small plastic bags (same way as he sells them) and merely puts a few in his pocket each trip out. Recently,due to high demand, he began packing the jigs 20 at a time in small flat,clear plastic fly boxes( with hard foam backing) -this is really a neat display,with easy removal of select models for that days fishing! For most,one of these fly boxes of secure,flat woolies is all the tackle box they'd need for a season! But I'm really liking the idea above and will set out today to "styro-guard" my recent ties!

moswampy

I just dumped them into compartments last night and went fishing today. I checked on them a bit ago. All that was needed was a little shaping with the finger but no tangled mess with each other. A 20 jig box would never suffice for my fishing there have been days I have lost that many here in Missouri. Lets just say with a long pole and braid I will set the hook by accident many times a day:D

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Cool (and cheap) way to hide the points and keep the mess down. That would work with craft fur/hair also. Could see doing that for a bag worth of jigs and being able to just throw it in my kayak and not worry about getting stuck. :cool:

redgun

I do something similar, but I attach my foam to a plastic box.
image1_zpsf959f1d2.jpg

image2_zps47b3432d.jpg

image1_zps214727e9.jpg

Works on big box's also.....

image1_zps28d2f987.jpg

Back