Wonderful surprise.

Bkabina

Took my dad with over the weekend. Saturday was the best day in along time. We caught everything from gills to walleye. All the eyes were around 14" and had to be released with a 15" limit. Wasn't to bad though because we had a blast catching so many. It has been 20 years since we caught that many eyes in this lake.

Caught lots of 9 - 11" crappie. They were on and off all day. I was catching everything but the walleye on one of the minnow patterns I have been tying, but when the crappie got tight lipped close to when we had to leave I threw everything in my box with no luck.
I was ready to quit and figured one more cast. Dug deep in the box and found a lake fork baby shad in magic shad color and used a RonDon walleye head I painted galaxy black with silver 3d eyes.

Tossed it to the edge of the tree laying in the water and let it free fall straight down, then came the thump and the wonderful surprise. On ultra light tackle which made it even more fun.

d00c00fe79d47d9ce115878f8a0cdd2f.jpg

17" black crappie.

Here is my 9 year old holding it.

631c1668fa4261dabf2ff987a741018c.jpg

AndyLane

WoW!! that is one heck of a Fish!! Glad it was such a great day on the water for y'all. My buddy gives me a hard time cause everytime we get ready to leave the lake I keep saying "Just one more cast then we'll go" ten casts later " Just one more cast then we'll go" lol Looks like your "Last" cast paid off for ya. :icon14: :icon14: :bigfish:

Bkabina

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to get the wife and boys out to catch some fish. I would be happier watching them catch fish like this.

Back