Wire Bender Purchase

baitmaster

I am looking to pick up as econimic wire bender to try a few new things. Is there any that I should steer clear of, any you all recommend?

crappiecripplerjigs

I purchased the silver frame wire bender from Netcraft a few years ago. I did not care for it. It did not have any instructions with it. I suppose if I knew how to use it, it may be alright. At the time I was attempting to make little rooster tail type lures. Bought the wires already formed. Much easier. But if you are looking to make forms for spinnerbaits this little one would not hold up in my opinion.

papaperch

DSC00337.jpg

Try finding one of these somewhere ( ebay , garage sale , flea market ) . This particular Old Herters 70c will handle just about any wire bendine you can dream up. Netcraft also has a book on wire bending (7.95. ) which is pretty helpful.

baitmaster

CCJ and papa,
Thanks for the information. Now I have a good starting point.

Capt_Rodney

I have 2 wire forming tools I will have to dig out to tell you thre models one is Janns Netcraft cheapy one not worth buying in my opinion....

Fatman

After 30+ years of making spinners I considered upgrading to the boggs or Twist Tech - Unless there's more ways of making things with the Boggs or Twist tech I'll stick with my old Netcraft wireformer

100_0817.jpg

I don't see anywhere, and for those of you with the other formers correct me if I'm wrong but can you make spring coil closers??? Hook lears??? for making crappie spreader rigs??

I've watched all the video's on the other formers and not one! has shown how to make these other simple pieces on their machines, if you have one let me know that they can make them and change my mind!!!

I would love to have a simple one that has just the bottom of the Herters for making the end of the v-spin type spinners, but right now I use a hand wire former for those.

There's your challange guys!!!!!!!! Prove me wrong!!!!! I've cranked out lots of spinners of all types with mine.

Fatman

Fatman

Melt

We all tried to build everything we could when we were younger, but take a bit of advice sometimes it's cheaper and easier not to try doing it. The tool I have from Netcraft is excellent IF YOU GET THE INSTRUCTION book with it. but I also do a lot of bending by hand.

If you want to get into bending ask questions here first and we'll help you out.

Back