Where to get bulk paint?

Airstreamfield

I'm looking for some cheaper bulk powder paint in a few different colors. Not looking for anything fancy but I plan on getting some new molds and I think i'll need some paint to go with them. I figure you guys are the guys to ask.

Thanks
ASF

Pup

Harbor Freight for basics like black matte, red, white, and a 'curb paint' yellow. It's sold in plastic 1-lb. containers and it works well for me. Makes really nice brown, olive, and 'green pumpkin' mixtures.

creekychub

I'll second the harbor freight powder paint. Very reasonably priced. And fun to mix colors like Pup mentioned.

Kdog

AAAAAnnd,, dont forget to buy some clear. the 200% clear is a great addition to your supplies

Fatman

X2 with kdog on the clear - buy it by the pound when you get it!!!!! You'll be amazed how fast you'll go through it!! It will help thin out the Harbour Freight powder. Two colors even ProTec, are black and white they seem to be a heavier powder and the clear will help it out.

Airstreamfield

Fatman said:
X2 with kdog on the clear - buy it by the pound when you get it!!!!! You'll be amazed how fast you'll go through it!! It will help thin out the Harbour Freight powder. Two colors even ProTec, are black and white they seem to be a heavier powder and the clear will help it out.

Thanks guys. Is there any other purposes to the clear or do you just mix it in with other colors? I have noticed the harbor freight powder a bit chunky. I'm looking for some colors other than HBs but I already have black, red and white from HB.

Fatman

If you get into mixing glitter coats you'll need it! For the others go with Rosy's, on Columbia Coatings you can choose amount you want. Rosy's used to have a fishermans special but I haven't seen it in awhile.

Kdog

Clear has a myriad of uses but most paints can be improved with an addition of clear. Almost every color I have is now mixed with an equal amount of clear just to improve flowability in my fluid beds. IMO you get more depth of color with the clear, For Glitters it is a must have.

Some PP require a top coat and clear is top coat of choice. Also clear has a bit od Candy effect making colors more transluscent

debrartin

Banned
[/quote]

Airstreamfield said:
I'm looking for some cheaper bulk powder paint in a few different colors. Not looking for anything fancy but I plan on getting some new molds and I think i'll need some paint to go with them. I figure you guys are the guys to ask.

Thanks
ASF

You can try this powder pigment sets. I think it will work well. Actually I use airbrush and water based color but as for painting work sometimes I use pigment powder.

thank you

040_JAC0632_1.jpg

Fatman

The PearlEx works great!!!!!!!!! I have the system 1 and 2 packs, unless you use A LOT of clear with it it's better to dip into the mix or brush tap it. You can also mix it with other powder paints.

arnesr

I ordered some 1/2 lb sample packs from the powdercoat store last week. They has a one day free shipping sale, so I took the opportunity to buy some new colors. I got a bunch of candy colors, but have not tried them yet.

Back