What mold is this?

blt

Found this mold in my mess in the garage. No "visible" markings on the outside. Jig weighs .60 oz. with hook. Bottom is smooth and almost flat.

View attachment 1

Attachments

• Photo-0003.jpg
    Photo-0003.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Photo-0004.jpg
    Photo-0004.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 107

JSC

Now that is different ... Kinda "Spooky" lookin.

I have seen a lot of different kind, but that one takes the cake.

Pup

I'm with JSC. Personally, it creeps me out. :s

I'd put it back, very carefully, into the sarcophagus. ;)

blt

StumpHunter said:
That is a interesting jighead. What weight is it.

.60 oz. with the hook in it. I think I put a 3/0 in it. I may try to paint one up. Have one that I dipped into white, but it still doesn't do justice to the details. I really don't see a market for it lol.

It's more freaky looking in person.

Doc Crappie

Banned
It's not a snake head jig more than likely something your father had made or bought it is cool looking though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like an Ostrich head!!!! ha!

Maybe........ it was created to be used as a head of a lizard plastic bait? Looks like you could lop off the head of a Power Lizard and thread it on the hook. Maybe...... ?

blt

Fatman said:
blt

Do you remember where you got it from???

My Dad did the tackle business before he passed away. No idea where it came from. I was digging through some box that was buried in my garage and found it. I may try to clean off the outside and see if there is any markings. He did not have this made, but probably found it at a yard sale at the beach. It is a metal mold, and seems to be really old, long before he got into this. (early 2000's he started making tackle)

blt

Was told on another forum a guys Dad used a jig like that in Rock Hall Md., for Stripers......back in the 50's.

toadfrog

It looks like a very good copy even better than the ament bull head . I have that mold . But it's a b!+(# to use . Get a load of flash . Comes in 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 .

blt

toadfrog said:
It looks like a very good copy even better than the ament bull head . I have that mold . But it's a b!+(# to use . Get a load of flash . Comes in 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 .

This poured really well. Well, the 1 that I did anyway lol. I don't have much use for a jig a little over 1/2 oz. where I fish.

toadfrog

blt said:
Fatman said:
blt

Do you remember where you got it from???

My Dad did the tackle business before he passed away. No idea where it came from. I was digging through some box that was buried in my garage and found it. I may try to clean off the outside and see if there is any markings. He did not have this made, but probably found it at a yard sale at the beach. It is a metal mold, and seems to be really old, long before he got into this. (early 2000's he started making tackle)Try dropping the mold in vinegar over night . Then take a tooth brush to it . Should take all corrosion off.

Back