Watch out Fatman

redman

Hey Doug there is a big blizzard headed in your direction. They are predicting 2 feet of snow and high winds. Lay in some extra groceries and supplies maybe get out a few extra blankets. Get ready I hear it is to be a stem winder for sure.

Redman

Portable heater is cool as long as you have power these noreasters can really cause some damage, but better to be all snow than icey rain. Stay home and call out sick

Fatman

Right now the forecast is that we're not gonna miss it. Anywhere from 8-26" of snow and 20+ mph winds.

I learned my lesson the hard way when we had the big ice storm - it's called a portable generator!!! and we have 5 extra jugs of gas in the garage, hopefully the snow blower comes back from the repair shop today!!!!!!!!! But I have a guy ready to come and plow. Only thing that doesn't work on the generator is the wireless, but I have plenty of jig tying supplies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homeland Security doesn't close!!! I've driven in worse conditions here and Western New York so I'm used to it.

redman

Doug it looks according to the weather channel that you are getting hit. Wonder if you can give us a real time update. Keep safe buddy looks like this is going to be one of those 100year storms.

Redman

Fatman

Actually called in!!!!! Went out at for a smoke at 120 this morning and it wasn't snowing at all. Got up this morning and we're at 6" already and the wind is picking up. The snowblower is back from the shop and all tuned up and in the garage ready to go!!!!!!!!!!

JUNGLEJIM1

What was Phil the groundhog's forecast anyway ? I heard up to three feet. We don't get that much total in five years,usually. That's way too much.

Fatman

Yeah it died down a little around 1039pm but it is coming down BIG TIME right now!!!!!!!!!!!! Went out and cleaned out the end of the driveway but it's gonna be filled again from the plows by morning!!!!!!!! Down to -8 plus what ever the wind chill so I won't be in a big hurry to get out first thing in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is definate white out!!!!!!! Really surprised we haven't lost power!!! Well off to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redman

Well Fatman if you can get thur this morning I think that you will be ok. Looks to be winding down on the back end and it will be windy and cold. Just don't over do-it on the snow removal. Don't want you hurting yourself or having a heart attack moving snow.

The weather is a little crazy every where this is the first night that we have been below 40F in two weeks. Dogs woke me up early to eat and go outside and was a chill in the house so started the wood stove. Now the house is at 73F and every one is resting comfortably.

Redman

Fatman

Got up this morning and the sun was shining but the wind was blowing!!!!!! Started just before 10 and came in about 1. And figures!!!!!! Just as I backed the cars in had the snow blower put away and the damned snow plow came through and filled in the end. Got the blower back out and cleaned it up but expect all the wind to fill it in a little. Just real cold right now with the wind.

Jig Man

Best of luck to ya FM. Would take some of that snow from ya if we could. 60% chance of rain here tonight. Got everything crossed...

Back