Wanted mold

toadfrog

Anybody have a DO - IT round head jig mold collar or no collar assorted sizes 1/80 up or smaller either way. Probably be one of the old ones . I don't normally do heads that small but it looks like I'm going to have to keep a mold around here for trout heads.

Fatman

Toad

There hard to find and even on ebay go for alot. You could try craigslist I've been seeing more and more molds showing up on there.

Do It has a Tapered Barb Collar - RVB-6-SA goes from 1/80th to 1/4th it has a collar, on that small I'd prefer no collar. Their Pro Series doesn't go that small. I don't think Robert is doing molds anymore, but you'd have to check with him. As many guys as are starting to tie them that small it might be worth it to get one made.

That's all I can tell ya buddy.

SaltyBuckster

Brent,Go onto crappie.com and PM a guy named "ucatchum"His name is Bill and he has hundreds of molds.He was trying to get out of the business as he is an oldtimer.Well worth the try.

toadfrog

I know him not personally but we have talked a couple of times . He used to have something like four or five hundred molds between him and a couple of guys he pours with . Pretty good old country boy. I think he lives in Arkansas or Missouri .

SaltyBuckster

He makes a mean 3/4 oz. Wedgehead,lol.They used to use them for walleye in Missouri,I'de tye them for trade of heads,lol.
Small world we have here.

toadfrog

Got one Thanks For The Offer . Now I can start looking for a smaller one . Any head style 1/100 th .I only do those microscopic little suckers for one guy and his friends . That is all I want to do with those things.

LedHed

Sponsor
tf - have a Hilt's 1/100th and I think I still owe you a mold... Let me know if you want it. Are you still looking for a wire bender? Got a couple of Herter's that are going also.

toadfrog

I have a production Haggen's wire former but I'm watching for a Herter's type . Flat and clamps to the table . I could use the hilts mold since I won't be doing very many . Collar or no collar dosen't matter that much . Thanks

Back