Walleye killas?

Jungleboy

I made these up for a fellow that told me they were all he uses for Walleye and he couldn't find them anymore. I made up 25 for him . 1/4oz rnd head, 1/0 sickle hook, yellow marabou .Also a single yellow duck feather tied on the hook first to help flair the Marabou. Tied with red thread and yellow floss on the neck. I know they are nothing extraordinary or different but thought I would share:)
IMG_1223-Copy.jpg
[/URL][/img]

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nice full 'bou tails. Lots of action in those. Yellow is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Never tried it while targeting walleye, but your post will keep that in mind!

toadfrog

That tie is very popular around here . Don't think there is a store here that dosen't carry a lot of yellow marabou . Believe it or not there are not very many True bait shops here .

Jungleboy

Hard to answer that question . The fellow that asked for them swears they are all he uses at that particular lake. When I used to do a lot more fishing I always had a box full of yellow rubber tails . I think it is like anywhere else though ,it depends on water conditions and clarity etc. My buddy always swore by purple:huh: Our Walleye fishery has taken such a beating over the last 15 yrs that I had kind of given up on fishing till last year when I bought a boat again . Majority of lakes here are Catch and release for walleye now with a couple that you have to enter a draw to keep one. Pike is still there but even that is heavily regulated . The problem is the lakes you can keep a Walleye from get huge pressure and the size limits set ,mean that the fish that are taken are prime breed stock.

The upside is my Grand Daughter loves to go in the boat with Grampa so that's good enough for me.:D

Bucko

water clarity depicts color for walleye here mainly. I use certain colors in the river like black and purple but go to adifferent lake and use yellow. I plan on going to the Mississippi river next weekend and I won't throw anything but a black and purple jig. now waters near home those don't work. all about the individual lake or river.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wow, Canadian walleye fishery in decline. Too many d**n yankess hopping the fence? Personally I think the keep slot should be around 15-22" maybe a 2 limit per angler.

Yellow + purple are interesting go tos. Ebony & ivory are the only base colors I've been aquiring lately.

Jungleboy

Hawnjigs said:
Wow, Canadian walleye fishery in decline. Too many d**n yankess hopping the fence? Personally I think the keep slot should be around 15-22" maybe a 2 limit per angler.

Yellow + purple are interesting go tos. Ebony & ivory are the only base colors I've been aquiring lately.

Just to qualify my statement The walleye fishery I speak of is in the Province of Alberta ,not Canada wide. Alberta as a province is not blessed with a ton of lakes like the rest of Canada.I read a stat that said Ontario for instance has approximately 2.5 fisherman per fishable lake while Alberta has approximately 300 Fisherman per fishable lake. When you consider that Ontario has a little over 3 times the population you can see that Alberta is not blessed with a lot of lakes.Drought and low water levels has played a roll as well as a combination of over fishing and maybe some bad management by Gov't. I don't pretend to know why but there is hope for the future as well.
It's not all gloom and doom though and things are improving

Back