Vibrating Lure Do It Mold Clarification

shredmandan

Wanting to buy one of the vibrating lure Do - It molds. I see there are several different including some that have been discontinued. Would like to know the model number of the molds and thoughts on performance and where to by the plates for the lure.

Kdog

To my knowledge, they all take the same inserts
small for 1/4 - 3/8 ounce and Medium for the 1/2, 5/8, 3/4

The Z4 style is a shad bait, full lead head weight is distributed unformly around the head. Is better suited to casting and trolling
The Z5 style is a true vibrating blade type with most of the weight being at the bottom of the lure Is better for jigging,

Inserts are available from different sources depending on qty desired. under 500, Zeiners or Barlows are a good place to look and Jans Netcraft always seems to have them in stock.

Fatman

I have the ZR-4-24 - 2, 1/4th oz and 2, 1/2 oz. This makes a blade bait similar to the old Silver Buddy

The 1/4th size takes ZB-S, also used on the 3/8 size
The 1/2 oz size takes ZB-M The ZB-M Blade is used in the 1/2oz. 5/8oz. and 3/4oz. cavities

For a 100 each Small in Brass and Nickle and 100 each Medium in Brass and Nickle

Barlows - $116.90
Janns Netcraft $117.43
Zeiners - $126.40 + USPS, they go by USPS and not sure if all 4 bags would fit in small flat rate box
Do-It - $134.90

At one time there was talk over at TU some guys were doing the measuring of the blade inserts to find if anyone could make them cheaper and in bulk. Here's a link to that thread - http://www.tackleunderground.com/co...-blade-bait-inserts/?hl=+blade++bait++inserts

shredmandan

Fatman said:
I have the ZR-4-24 - 2, 1/4th oz and 2, 1/2 oz. This makes a blade bait similar to the old Silver Buddy

The 1/4th size takes ZB-S, also used on the 3/8 size
The 1/2 oz size takes ZB-M The ZB-M Blade is used in the 1/2oz. 5/8oz. and 3/4oz. cavities

For a 100 each Small in Brass and Nickle and 100 each Medium in Brass and Nickle

Barlows - $116.90
Janns Netcraft $117.43
Zeiners - $126.40 + USPS, they go by USPS and not sure if all 4 bags would fit in small flat rate box
Do-It - $134.90

At one time there was talk over at TU some guys were doing the measuring of the blade inserts to find if anyone could make them cheaper and in bulk. Here's a link to that thread - http://www.tackleunderground.com/co...-blade-bait-inserts/?hl=+blade++bait++inserts

Fatman - does the mold actually have the - 2 on the end or just the
ZR - 4 - 24?

Kdog

Inserts and Hooks
Occasionally, I pick them up on ebay for ~1- 15 per hundred.

Usually though I buy from Zeiners barlows or jans,

I looked at having them made and and lets just say, better to buy from the places that make them.

Also, I use a Mustad 7790x or VMC 9608BZ hook with the VMC being preferred.

Fatman

shred - from what I understand they cut it because it was like the Silver Buddy blade bait

kdog - Yep the 2 is on the end
100_6715.jpg

Talked to Cadman and while he found someone to cut them he said the same thing, it's way cheaper to buy them from places that make and sell them.

Back