UV Glue

Muskygary

I've noticed a lot of fly and jig tyers are topping their ties off with the UV glue and hitting them with the UV lights. This is suppose to help make the fly or jig last longer to catch more fish, but I wonder if the "texture" makes a difference to the fish? Seeing it used on a lot of nymph patterns and on the body of jigs to cover flash down the body sides and on the top of the jig also. Any comments? Do you guys use it?

Kdog

I like the thin version for locking threads, The Flow version is flexible and would probably not have any effect on the texture. I tried the solarez brand and it works, its fast and solarez cures almost immediately.The UV cure glues are pricy but IMO worth having especially for finer detail work or spot glueing.

AllenOK

I've got CCG Thick and Thin, Loon Flow, and Loon Orange UV paint (basically a thick formula with powdered orange pigment added). I'm not fond of the syringe dispensers that CCG uses. The little bottles of Loon are great; they give you a screw-on tip applicator and a brush. I like how you can use the stuff to cover delicate materials, protecting them. You can also use it to great interesting 3D effects (see my post on the Huevos Fritos flies in the fly-tying section).

Back