Unpainted Lead Free Jig Head Sources

RJD

I am looking to purchase unpainted lead free 1/32 and 1/64 ball (no barb) head jigs with bronze hooks. I purchased from leadfreejigheads.com in the past. Are there any forum members that sell lead free jig heads? If not, any other sources for these sizes? I have looked, and it seems that most don't offer sizes smaller than 1/32. Thanks.

Ron

jiggerjohn

Yep, Hawn has unpainted 1/64 roundheads - like all his pours, these are perfect in every respect! I had some great times this summer with his 1/64 ozer on a Tenkara outfit in small streams!

Fatman

Vermont keeps going the way they are and I'll either have to start buying the materials to cast my own or start buying them!!! Man that sounds like a DIRTY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cadman

Go to Hawn first if he doesn't have the mold, if I have the mold, then I can pour them for you. However these leadfree jigs are expensive.

Hawn has helped me out with some alloys on lead-free jigs. For those of you that don't pour lead-free, if I had my druthers, I wouldn't pour them because they are a P.I.T.A. Bismuth expands in the molds and is hard to get out. They are very hard and brittle and finally the real kicker is they have a much lower melting temp., so you have to be very careful if and when you powder paint them. I've had a lot of frustrating days pouring bismuth, and for the cost of it many guys don't want to pay. However, it is still cheaper than tungsten, and you can't do tungsten at home. Just some food for thought.

RJD

Thanks everyone for the help. I am planning on contacting Hawn about some of his higher melting point versions when he gets back from vacation. Cadman, I will keep you in mind.

Ron

macon1

The last order I got from leadfreejigheads.com were more temp resistant (better alloy) and powder painted well......just ask him and he can help....very high quality standard jigs. Good fishing, Mac

Back