Undressed jigs

oldfox

I picked a few of these up on ebay 3 or 4 years ago, but never had much luck with them....even tipped with bait. Thought I would put some clothes on them, and give them another try this ice season. They are abot 1/16 oz, and oval shaped when looking head on. Anyone have an idea on what to use for tails or whatever? Also would anyone have a mold for these,...if they should work out? :)
View attachment 8

oldfox

Dressed them up a bit...they look better with clothes, maybe the fishies will like them better ;)

View attachment 2

Attachments

• 12-13-11 001.jpg
    12-13-11 001.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 63

oldfox

Nightprowler said:
Very Nice! How did you do the scale pattern for the top left jig?
NP

NP...I had purchased those jigs on ebay several years ago, and they were already painted.. Never had much luck with them, so I decided to dress them up. I'd also be interested on how the scale pattern is done...anyone know??

oldfox

Nightprowler said:
being holographic, it must be a decal.
NP
Either that, or jig was first painted with silver, then some sort of netting applied and other colors added...then netting removed. Looked at it again, and does not appear to be a decal...

redman

NP That was my thought. That was old school technology. Still would work. Have some Lazy Ike's and some Humpy Plugs that were painted like that. I got to visit the Lazy Ike plant one time as they were made in Ft. Dodge, Iowa Which was 15 miles south of the town I grew up in and the Humpy Plugs were made in Algona, Iowa which was 20 miles up the road from my home town. I did get to know Bud and Silvia Elbert who ended up with the Humpy Plug company. Bud was a pack Rat and would make Hoarders look like pikers. He had just about anything that anybody could possible need or want that was 50 years older than the year it currently was. I bought a box of copper nails to fix my Hafer row boat from him. Couldn't find them any where but Bud had a few boxes laying around. Sorry looks like I hyjacked the thread.

Redman

Back