Twisted Chenille

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Johnt-ms was asking about a 'shad' color chenille and thought i might give some suggestions using 2 colors of chenille twisted together. I have lots of basic colors and like using the tinsel or cactus chenille to add flash.

Anyway.... these first couple are some decent shad colors. Gray/pearl would be my pick, but the olive twisted in looked pretty neat as well.

chenille1.jpg

The rest are some other combos i use and a few new ones i have never put together as well. The black/pearl, black/silver, white/silver and white/olive are some favorites that i have done well with. ;)

chenille3.jpg

chenille2.jpg

These last ones are all on different jigs in my smallmouth box... wish i knew what some of the colors are - got them in swaps or lost the original package with the name.

chenille4.jpg

hhawkins

I've been twisting my chenille when I wanted a color that I didn't have or couldn't find in a split second. Thanks Af, good pics!

Lost Pole

Awesome. Twisting by hand? Sticking em together?
Tried something like this a while back with mixed results.
I used a variable speed drill on low with a couple drops of super glue.

Adam

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Lost Pole - Yes, i do twist it by hand for each jig. Never tried to make a permanent twist chenille... not sure it would be possible. For the pics, i was just clamping the ends into my vise and twisting it.

It is pretty simple to do it on a jig: Just tie in both colors of chenille at the same time pretty much the same you would tie in a single color and twist them together. The tighter they are twisted, i think they look better - more varigated. But you can twist them not so tight and get some stripped or spotted patterns. Once it is twisted, you just wrap it as you would regular chenille.

JUNGLEJIM1

Great stuff. I've been twisting chenilles for years,but have gotten lazy and havn't for awhile.The gray/olive and pearl olive are great shad or shiner color combos.

Pup

Interesting post AF. :cool: Great idea.

I've been attempting jigs with combinations of green and brown materials in order to create a "green pumpkin" color effect for quite a while. This just might be the ticket to a very good chenille-bodied prototype.

Back