Translucent tails?

dblevens

Trying to duplicate a tube jig that I use alot. Its a blue body with a skirt that is somewhat translucent, (its not clear, but its not white either) and it has blue glitter molded into it. I have tried different maribou, white,, grey, and even mallard flank,(thats the closest). If you have any suggestions they'd be appreciated.
th_null_zps7cd4a0e0.jpg

Here's my close but no cigar...
th_null_zps5cf5a793.jpg

Kdog

yep, Silli-leg tail or maybe some glow flash but I would be partial to sili legs. I have been trying something similar and the sili legs are the closest.

I have done some with glow flash that seem to be close, I mix blue and white and add in a few strands of crystal flash.

I have tried using goose feather and crystal flash.

Also made some with small bunches of synthetic hair. prebundle in bunches of 5-6 strands and tie individually. That made an interesting looking jig that my buddies are trying. I dont have any left atm or I would post a pic. I am out of the white hair as well. That jig caught a lot of fishermen so it will be tried a bunch this year.

toadfrog

Looks like you did the job . bet a nickle it will work . The tube you have is blue shad . Drop of black color in clear and some glitter in the plastic will get that tail color .

Back