Trading powder paint.

Jighead76

Does anyone trade powder paints.
I bought some pounds through the years and will never use it all. I'm thinking of ordering some more too. I have a few custom mixes and ones I don't use.
I was just wondering if anyone wanted to trade a couple ounces of each colors or if there's a place to do that.
By the way, my first custom color is a peach I like. It came to me when my daughter was 2 and I walked in on her dumping my paints out on the table and mixing them.
Wish I had the quantities but I believe it was pearl, flo orange, white, yellow and pepper flake. Just alittle story there.

toadfrog

I think most of these guys horde that powder paint like a miser hordes gold . LOL But what colors do you have you don't use . What colors are you looking for probably don't have it .But might .

Pup

I'd be interested in the information that Toadfrog mentions. If you could post pictures of jig heads painted with the paints you'll mention, that will certainly help.

I'm on the fence about this, but the above information might push me over it. ;)

SlabHappy

I'ld be interested as well. I have about 30lbs I bought, that I won't ever use all of it, since I normally mix it with clear.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
For those that have an over abundance..... maybe it would be more beneficial if you posted what individual colors you have large quantity of and be willing to trade off? That way us little guys might be able to tempt some of your overstock with various custom or 'fancier' colors. Would much rather see this go on out in the open rather than through PM's. Just my thoughts anyway. ;)

Jighead76

Sorry it took so long but I had a busy weekend. I got a pound of this john Deere green and would be willing to get rid of 3- 2 ounce bags of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 69

Jighead76

I also have this "custom" my daughter mixed for me when she was 2. I believe it has orange, pearl, pepper flake, yellow and whatever else. I actually like it for a salmon color. I have about 5 ounces of this to trade also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 67

Pepop

I saw Kdog's idea of a chenille swap, what's ya'lls thoughts on a Powder Paint Swap. Say the swap qty would be 1/2oz & Maybe limit rounds to 15 folks plus the host making return package's a little over 1/2 pound. Double bagging in zipper bags, I could get 16 colors into a Large Padded Envelope & the postage on it would be less than $3.50 based on a 12oz package. Entries could be Stock Color's from the various PP suppliers BUT, the cool part would be submitting a custom creation! Of course, recipe required! Just a thought. I know I've seen several custom paint jobs I'd really like to have. Any interest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't mind trading for a 2-ounce bag of the JD Greene at least. I have a few odd-ball glitter and metallic colors....... greens, yellows, or straight up mica/clear that can be dipped or mixed with just about anything. Have any preference? Shouldn't take much shipping $$ to swap.

Have to say also....... hook point on that 2nd pic looks premium! Hard to beat sharp SOLID hooks like that.

Pup

I would be interested in 2 ounces of the John Deere Green as well. I'd like to have a solid kelly-like green for walleye jigs.

What colors are you interested in?

My available bulks that come to mind include:
Have a couple of other bulk bags of dark olive/green colors that I can hunt up and show if you are interested in seeing them.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have much "bulk" of any one color, but have several containers with 1 or 2 ounces of powder that i honestly never use. Here is what i have that i would be willing to trade off...........

- 2oz original container of Pro-Tec Super Glow White. Maybe dipped a dozen jigs in the jar.

- 2oz original container of Netcraft Gold (027)

- 2oz original container of Netcraft Pumpkin Brown (685)

- 2oz original container of Netcraft Green Pumpkin (096)

- 2oz original container of Netcraft Watermelon Red Flake Candy (086) but modified with 4 teaspoons of Lurecraft Pearl White Mica powder to create a metallic finish along with the original red flake

- 1oz (approx) custom mix containing 1 part Lurecraft Pearl Silver Mica additive and 10 parts clear. Makes a color very close to the Pro-Tec Smoke color. A dark silver and somewhat matte finish metallic color. Works good to add to other custom mixes to darken and create a metallic finish. Is a candy color if you apply it sparingly on a jig head.

- 1oz (approx) custom mix 'Yellow Pearl' consisting of a 5:5:5:1 part ratio of Ylw Chart : Yellow : Pearl : Pearl White Mica Powder. Turns out as a middle of the road metallic yellow.

- 1oz (approx) custom mix 'Apple Red Spackle' consisting of a 12:1:1:1 ratio of CandyRed : Silver holo glitter : Gold holo glitter : Pearl White Mica Powder. This is a VERY CANDY color and looks best with a very bright base color..... either a tin poured jig, base white/pearl color, or a silver plated jig.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
P.S. - Moved this down to the "commerce" section into the swapmeet board since it looks to me like it is a go so far.......

Pepop

I'm not home for another week but I know I have several powder's I could pull 2oz from. Off the top of my head I'd say, that Charcoal Grey Metallic I posted a while back, some Columbia Coating's Traffic Red, C.C's Pure Orange, CC's Sky White, Rosey's Matte Black, the same Matte Black I added some 200% Gloss Clear to & ended up with a nice Gloss Black. There's prolly others but I'll have to dig around in the "Bulk" drawer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jighead76

Sorry. I was out of town for work and haven't been on here this week. Was working at lake of the ozarks, too bad I wasn't there for the fishing.
I'll get back with you all ASAP. I'm going to put them in a protec container to measure them out. And bag them this weekend.

Back