Today's Catch

ScottV

A neighbor went with me spider rigging jigs this morning. The wind has gotten better this week. We kept 35 nice crappie and only fished for 4 hrs. Here's the first two we caught. This is Steve.
62ef191b-d924-caa5.jpg

62ef191b-d937-45ed.jpg

Here's what wouldn't fit on the ironing board.
62ef191b-d95c-1c30.jpg

ScottV

Ha Ha, 'ol Steve knows Okatibbee Reservoir like the back of his hand. Most of my best waypoints came from him. He knows where every stump in the lake is. We caught all of these fish around 9' deep off of stumps along the main creek channel. Some of the females had eggs dripping off of their fins.

StumpHunter

Great catch Scott!!! Looks like Steve had a good time catching those slabs. Congrats on another fine catch :) and thanks for posting the pics..

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yummmmm!!!! and yes there are some pigs on that there board. :cool:

All whites...... do you ever catch any blacks on your lake? Always hear that they hold in shallower water and alot tighter to cover. Only have found white crappie in the lakes i fish mostly.

ScottV

AtticaFish said:
Yummmmm!!!! and yes there are some pigs on that there board. :cool:

All whites...... do you ever catch any blacks on your lake? Always hear that they hold in shallower water and alot tighter to cover. Only have found white crappie in the lakes i fish mostly.

Thanks guys, Russ we do have black crappie also. I think the blacks are through spawning here. They're usually two to three weeks ahead of the whites. They will stay on cover year round where the whites will migrate following the schools of shad after the spawn. That's when we start trolling deep running crank baits after the white crappie. That's lots of fun and really productive but I enjoy catching them on jigs this time of year more than anything.

ScottV

Yesterday when those were caught, it seemed like any color worked. I guess the best was a Green Lantern head with yellow body and tail. I went with another buddy today and had 22 keepers. We didn't get on the lake till 9:00 and the feeding frenzy was about over.

Lost Pole

22 is still great. Y'all single polin'?
Guess you were w/ Maj today?
Awesome report, man. Looks like I'm in the wrong state at this time of year.
Hope all is well.

Adam

ScottV

Lost Pole said:
22 is still great. Y'all single polin'?
Guess you were w/ Maj today?
Awesome report, man. Looks like I'm in the wrong state at this time of year.
Hope all is well.

Adam

Yea Adam, I fished with Majorflyboy today. We used to fish tourneys together but it's hard for me to sit in a boat for 8 hrs so I don't fish them any more. We were spider rigging jigs. I've got lots of stumps and brush tops marked on my GPS and we just move from one to another and usually pick up a couple on each one.

Back