Tiger Musky

Uncle Grump

Up here in MN (the land of 10,000 taxes) the muskie is scared - and most of the lakes w/ muskie now have a 48" minimum in order to keep it. If I catch a fish like that, it's going on the wall. I think if you spoke about eating a muskie up here you'd get lynched....

A tiger muskie is a NP/Muskie cross - according to MN DNR, they are sterile - so no breeding on their part.

SOme years back, I hired a guide to take my youngest son and I muskie fishing for a weekend, it was his high school graduation present. The lake we were on (in N Wisconsin) had a 40" minimum, Alex got lucky, and hooked up w/ a 41", weight was 26#. That fish went to taxidermist, and is now gracing our wall, while we wait for Alex to get out of the Army and come home.

We boated 3 that day, and there should have been 4 - but it was purely my fault that the 4th was lost. Also had several follows.

UG

ragged edge

WOW 48" limit!...... We chased these bigger ones all over the lake with the trolling motor trying to keep the tension off the line. The smaller ones we let the pole wear em out but still took time to get em in.

Thank Alex for me, for protecting our country!

Back