Think I found a new Hobby

Radtexan

Been thinking about plastics for a long time,but due to the initial expense and the quality and number of baitmakers out there,I think Im going to make a trip to Home depot and build a custom balsa Lathe,,,this looks like fun,and almost gets me back into some woodworking...

[video=youtube]

Might see some crazy paint schemes in the near future...

SaltyBuckster

Good.I need some 10" Balsa poppers,hollowed out in the front.Red mouth pearl white outside with painted eyes.Let me know when you have 6 of them done.

SaltyBuckster

Make sure you get the Dremel 3000,that's the one that I'm getting.Lowe's has the cheapest price.2-speed,can use any attachment that Dremel makes,yada yada yada,lol.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Wow thats cool!

But i need some buddies to get into plastics! Keep me on my toes.

With all those floats you gonna have to get into using live bait!

toadfrog

Well guess I'll have to post a few plastics for Ronnie . What you want to see .

Radtexan

Ron Don said:
Wow thats cool!

With all those floats you gonna have to get into using live bait!

:beat-up:

Havent had a minner under a cork in years,,,swimmin a jig under one has given me faith in a tried and true method...:cool:

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
toadfrog said:
Well guess I'll have to post a few plastics for Ronnie . What you want to see .

Pics of some purdy small baits! That other site is boring!!!

Roger i knew i could get you riled up with that comment!

wtex

Looks like we have been on the same thought pattern the last few days. Doing cork handles on my Jet is one of my favorite things to do. Wed. night while turning a handle I had been thinking about a balsa bobber I had that is no longer made. And my normally dim light brightened for a few moments before burning out. Why do you think you have to buy one?
So I went to Utube. The dremel idea is great. Makes a wood lathe look like serious over kill.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I've made a few in the past - carved with a knife and sanded smooth - then used old cleaned up ink pen parts to finish them. You can get a hunk of balsa wood pretty cheap at the craft shop and make a lot of floats!

The little 'engineered' lathe is a killer idea and might have to get out the old electric drill and improvise. If i cut my finger off - it is your fault. :p

blt

I need to look at that rig better. How is the dremel lathe made? I can picture some nice saltwater stuff coming off of that. Already have the Dremel.

Fatman

wtex - post a pic of the float you're looking for - might be surprised that it's still being made just have to get the right company!!

Doc - I have already told you what the wife will do If I get another hobby!!!!!!!!! LOL I'd either be brain damaged or living somewhere else!!!!!!!!!

wtex

Fatman said:
wtex - post a pic of the float you're looking for - might be surprised that it's still being made just have to get the right company!!

Doc - I have already told you what the wife will do If I get another hobby!!!!!!!!! LOL I'd either be brain damaged or living somewhere else!!!!!!!!!

Can't post a pic. I no longer have it. That is why I want another one.

Back