The Shop

toadfrog

Well due to some local pressure I'm digging out all the crap from my former lure making biz . Nothing like former days but it is starting to take shape a little . I've spent 2 grueling weeks cleaning sorting Organizing . Wish now I had never packed it away . The mice and other vermine were not deterred from chewing up moth ball infested packages . Lost almost all the exotic stuff to make lures . I would like to have shown to you . Like bohemian wax wings for flies and all the weirder materials and silk threads . Be that as it may a few folks want me to open a Catch as you can walk in shop for tackle . Meaning if I'm in there when they drive by I'll make them something. But if the lights are out I've encouraged them to get out of their cars because my dogs need the exercise . Pics of dogs and the remnants of the shop, to come Dear God hopefully next week .

toadfrog

plateboater said:
This could be interesting pics!!!
dont know how interesting a hillbilly work shop is . But ill show you the old vises ive used for decades and a couple lead pots I love for dumping pounds of lead at a mold . Mabe just do an all in one video . If the forum can download it.

hookup

You can always upload a video to YouTube then link to it from the forum ...

Hope you have your fav lady hanging up in the shop now ;-)

Jig Man

Sounds like a great place to gather and tell lie.... er... fish stories and drink a cold beer!

toadfrog

Lol critters are mostly gone . Lot of poison . Wouldn't of had them if my snake hadn't died from old age . 17 yr old black snake . Head was over 4'' wide . Been running round here a long time . Suddenly I was overrun with varmits every kind and size .Skunks wouldn't even stay cause their babies got eaten . Far a pics and stuff only watch movies on YouTube Most of that stuff I don't have the first Idea how to do and not sure I want to many to see . Dogs don't get too rowdy Hawn or bite much It is the size of the bite . Either one can eat a 4lb raw chicken in three maybe 4 chews .
Anybody ever makes it my way We'll drag up a keg an bust a bud or something . I can probably come up with a tale to tell . Round July or August might be able to show you in the flesh a snapping turtle several feet across . Found where they congregate and lay eggs . Gotta have a flat bottom boat and pray it don't tip cotton mouths are real bad there . During dog days they ARE MEAN .!!!!

Lost Pole

Sounds like my kind of time.

That turtle would fetch a few dollars.
My paw used to catch snappers. I remember one that had to be turned at an angle to fit in the back of his full sized pickup when I was a kid. This'n was pulled from a sewer not too far off a couple weeks ago.

View attachment 6

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397871829.979493.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397871829.979493.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 111

toadfrog

Yep looks a lot like them . somebody had been baiting them last I was there . Had a 1/2 inch steel cable set for a trot lone . Two bout that size were dead on it . Some in the mud I didn't want to see . Big enough to tip the boat going under it . Needless to say I didn't fiddle around there any longer than it took to get back out . The creek wasn't wide enough to turn around so you backed out .

Hawnjigs

KISS
So, what was your intention floating a one way crick with leg busting snappers & grouchy mocs?

Holy sh**, those "turtles" look more terrifying than a foaming pit bull dragging a broken chain!

How much is "a few dollars"?

plateboater

Yep.....still hunt for snappers here. Soup/Stew simmered in a "duchie" camping is fantastic! I chase snappers and softshells in the summer during season.

Lost Pole

Hawnjigs said:
So, what was your intention floating a one way crick with leg busting snappers & grouchy mocs?

Holy sh**, those "turtles" look more terrifying than a foaming pit bull dragging a broken chain!

How much is "a few dollars"?

My reason would be for frogs n crawfish.

Was a dumb comment bc I'm pretty sure it is illegal to sell em.........
BUT I've seen places that are licensed ask $100 per 5 lb boneless turtle meat.

toadfrog

Hawn This place I went is an Island in the middle of a muddy lake . Dumb move on my part I thought the creek/ditch went all the way across . But ya couldn't tell for weeds and brush . Little did I know till it was to late to turn and run respectfully, that some of the stuff hanging from trees was not high water weeds . If I ever return there it will be because one of you guys show on my door step and double dare me .

For you guys the eat reptiles . I say NO @$#@ way in ^&%$ . I don't eat legs , gators, snakes or caviar . Please don't try to tell me it tastes like chicken . Grandma tried that on me 50 yrs. ago .

Uncle Grump

Wifelet's family eats turtle - they love the stuff - and they DO say it tastes like chicken (they fry it).
I've had it once or twice - it was ok - but I'd prefer real chicken or fish.

Turtles up here don't get as big as the one in Lost Pole's pic - that thing looks like some kind of pre-historic critter. They usually find them crossing the roads between swaps or lakes/ponds.

UG

Kdog

Love my turtle, just dont like cleaning them, I have found that they are great cooked in a crock pot with some onions and celery a little Sam Adams for braising liquid and cover and cook about a day. check liquid and add as needed.

Over some egg noodles and it doesnt get much better.

toadfrog

My mom used to use a bar of soap to wash my mouth out when I said someth'n NASTY .
Brother I got a bar of Lava waiting on you . I don't eat Monkeys either just in case thats bouncing in somebodies head .I got to get some shop pics just to divert this train of thought .
No squirmy crap , no maggots , no possum patay off'in da road , squirrel brains , brains an eggs or anything thats below or past the southern hips of a north bound critter . So there PLLLLL!!!! Raspberry

Back