The Menhaden Project

toadfrog

This ones for salty . I warned you . I opened a can of crazy on this . Couldn't help it . It's only 5 1/2 inches from the eye loop to the bend of the treble hook . Hair swivel and all it is over 6'' weighs 1.5 oz. Has as a .035 wire , a ball bearing swivel to reduce line twist . Hows them apples .

Attachments

• The Menhaden Project.jpg
    The Menhaden Project.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 57

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Damn - thats almost as big as my hand!!!!! Nice blade, some super graphics.

Also like the touch of having the swivel attached... i have done the same with some of my spoons an in-lines so i dont have to search for a swivel when i want to tie one one. ;)

SaltyBuckster

Brent,that is absolutly beautifull.That will kill every striper,bluefish,fluke,,amberjack,shark,heck anything that swims where I fish.Beautifull,My new Diawa Regal Plus Bite and Run is going to be ascreaming this spring.I can't wait to get it in my hands.I knew the Twist Tech went to the right person.Thank you.

toadfrog

Yea the thing is big . Like shooting snooker thin going over to a pool table. After all those pan fish lures it felt like I was handling a stick of stove wood . Decided to hand paint it with a brush . I'll be working on a bigger one . Twist tech has the advantage of being portable over the 10 lb pro model I have and with the lure laying opposite the die twist it won't limit the length of the lure . Attica the only problem I've had with swivels in the eye came from casting the lure . The swivel will often cause a line wrap . If the spinner does not have a smooth pull get it out of the water cause you have a wrap on the eye or blade . Now that i'm free of the Christmas rush maybe I can get back to fishing lures.

blt

I love it! I could see that doing really great at Indian river inlet where I go. Ripping fast current there.

SaltyBuckster

blt,I used to fish the Indian River inlet when I was a young lad going to high school.Every summer after the last day of school we would go down for a month at the Indian River Inlet Campground.A bluefish on a light action rod with a Mepps #2 Aglia was a blast.

blt

Salty, you should see the new bridge that is ready to open soon. Suspension bridge, so no more colums in the water. The old one will be torn down and use for reef materiel. I don't go there as much as I do Cape Henlopen pier. Inlet is more of a fall time of the year place to go, and take a lot of jigs lol. That rock monster really reaches up and grabs those jigs.
I have to find me a slip sinker mold and try to make some of those, unless he puts a patend on it lol.

Back