The King

flatsrat76

This is why they are king of the inshore....

R Rated ...And on a fly but they drop the F-Bomb... and it was over before it even started

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Tarpon on a fly (or anyway, not too picky :D) is very near the top on my bucket list and that just shows why! The things look like dinosaurs too. :cool: On that 1st video, it looks like the whole school is staying right with the hooked fish unless they are some other species... watch right around 2:00 to 2:10 or so, you can see a bunch of 'somethings' surface...

BTW - What a horrible cast with the fly rod! Haha, and it didn't even matter. I cast that bad on a good day so i should be good to go if i ever get the chance. Dang - 12 wt. rod - that makes my shoulder hurt just thinking of swinging it!!!!!!

flatsrat76

Thanks
I hook Tarpon from shore but only catch the smaller fish.. Most of the time I get a jump or two out of them.. If its on your bucket list now is the time to hook up with one =) http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/saltwater/news/story?id=5205526
from this site http://www.islamoradasportfishing.com/pdf/tarpon.pdf
At 2:00 2:10 they were other Tarpon rolling...

A hardy giant that can survive in a variety
of habitats and salinities, the tarpon can even
gulp air for extended periods when not enough
oxygen is present in the water to sustain it.

tarpon-like fish have been discovered
in fossils dating to the Cretaceous period,
100 million years ago. In prehistoric times, there
were many more species of tarpon; today, there
are just two: one that frequents the Atlantic and
another found in the Indo-Pacific area.

Flatsrat76

JUNGLEJIM1

Cool stuff. I almost had a heart attack when it hit the fly,probably would have said the same thing. They could eat the fish I catch and still be hungry.

flatsrat76

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Cool stuff. I almost had a heart attack when it hit the fly,probably would have said the same thing. They could eat the fish I catch and still be hungry.

LoL I had my face up close to my screen and the sound turned up so it spooked me also :bigfish:

Bigdadyrods

Great pics!!

Went fishing for Tarpon back in the 90's off of Feista key. Caught one the first day but stripped off my line before we could start the engine. Next fish hooked half hour later and he burnt my gears in the reel. Silly me took bass fishing equipment to catch a king!!!!!

Big D

Back