The Fuzzy Jig

Len

A tackle company from way back called Flutter Bug Tackle Company made a jig called a Fuzzy...Does anyone know what this looks like?

OklahomaKent

According to Lacy Gee, the Fuzzy Grub was a Wooly Worm on a jig head. The other jigs other posters have shown have come along after the original Fuzzy Grub. Regards, Kent

redman

Flutterbug was Wapsi Fly. The first flutterbug was constructed by Jim Stone of Arnolds Park,Iowa . I have three in my collection that was given to me by Jim Stone. The flutterbug was never very successful Jim told me that Lacey wanted to have something to rival South Bend's Super Duper. The Super Duper was a hot lure back in the Mid 1960's. There were problems getting the curves right in the lure to achieve the action Lacey wanted. Not only that but Lacey wanted to have the treble hook to have a hackle tie. Lacey wanted the majority of them to have a frog paint job. It was to much to ask and the project was dropped. If memory serves me right it was some where in 1966. It is my understanding that Lacey continued on with experimentation on the lure until Wapsi was sold.

The G whizz if you look at the head is one made by non other than Jim Stone. He made molds for the Rock-a-Roo, the Gollynipper, and for Wapsi fly. Jim also made the first opened frame bobbin that we all use today. I have two one is Cap's the other was one that Jim Stone used.

As far as the fuzzy grub. Think that back in the day everyone had a name for the same woolie worm type jig. For Cap it was woolies, Paul called his fuzzy wuzzies, and Wapsi it was fuzzy grubs. In the 1970's Al and Ronnie Linder came out with there plastic body and Marabou tail Fuzzy Grub. I was given two packs to try on walleye. They worked on walleye like a screen door on a submarine. But caught crappie like crazy.

Redman

hookup

Nice thread - I like the history lesson. Thx all who shared

Back