The classic

toadfrog

OK who is going to the Bass Master Classic . I'M pretty sure I can go this year . I'll be wearing a chartruese shirt that says across the back . ToadFrog Baits in big letters and smaller under that says , A NON PROFIT HOBBY . Go figure .

toadfrog

Well shucks . I've met Redman, Chuck Allred from Lakeside Baits (makes molds will make custom) Okla Kent And thats about it so far .

AllenOK

I went to one a couple years ago. Wasn't all that impressed. But then, I'm not really a tournament guy, and not into big, expensive powerboats....

toadfrog

I'm not into the money glut either . My brother is the tournament kind . I'd rather put money into making it and fishing it .

hookup

My buddy took his kid to one

Guy's who pro fished were real good to the kid, gave him swag, talked to him, let him crawl around their truck & boat to check it out

Kid's in his 20's now & still talks about it - good angler too

toadfrog

I've never been to a classic . But I just found out something that made me mad . They are not going to have the weigh in at the launch site film it and then show it at the expo . They are going to truck the fish 70 miles to Tulsa BOK center . That place is the living s**ts to maneuver around and find parking within a mile of the entrance . That stunt is going to do 2 things . Rob the Grove and Vinita area of business which it sadly needs and I bet make 85 hwy deadly until everybody finds the turnpike .

Hawnjigs

KISS
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So you need a fancy boat & gear to compete in one of these? Is it possible for a local knowledge expert in his custom john boat or even on foot to win?

Toad, you don't strike me as a guy who needs heroes, autographs, or other peep's ideas - why are you going?

toadfrog

Naw Kieth ain't in to to hero worship . Was going to meet my brother and pass out some cards for a mold maker friend of mine . Everybody cancelled including my brother . He doesn't want to fight that mess downtown Tulsa either . So I guess I'll saddle up some mules and take my baby girl on a trail ride . By the way there are nine very well trained mules for sale if anybody needs one .

Hawnjigs

KISS
How much per lb. dressed?

Kidding, wish I was (lots)younger so I could take one into the mountains for 24" brook trout or maybe some shiny yellow.

toadfrog

Mules are not as stubborn as darn donkeys . Came to like mules much better than horses . Was told it would happen and it did . Way more affectionate .
Here tell they taste pretty good . Gonna be real hungry and down on my luck before I find out .
Anyway my baby girl and me are gonna make up some requests tonight . Tomorrow we go ride awhile 5 or 6 miles in the woods . Then go fishing . Beats heck out of any old over rated classic.

Fin and Fur

Well I might have more time to ride here pretty soon. Just had job offer from local New Holland dealership, they basically want to buy my truck, and customers off me. Would be a more 9 to 5er except for hay season. Just going to be hard to break the news to my customers, al though I'll still see them.

redman

Well toady sorry about the missed Classic. Yes It is a mess in downtown Tulsa. I hauled down my boat in the middle of the morning rush hour thur Tulsa. I am surprised that I am still alive. Heck those mules sound like a better time anyways.

Keith I run a old 16 foot semi vee Del-Craft shallow draft. I have a 35 lbs Minnkota trolling motor and a very old 18 Hp Evinrude The whole rig is about as old as the me and I am ancient. Well this morning I was on the lake with all the big fancy rigs flying around me they wouldn't even take a look at me. If they had they would have figured out where and how to catch the big old fat slab crappies. $10 rod,, 10 cent jig, $6 plastic reel, 20 yards of Spider Wire 4 lb test = three crappie over a pound and 5 that anyone would be proud of. You don't need a million bucks to fish but it takes some brain power which is lacking in this day and age. You can have all the fancy stuff you want but you got to know where to fish and how, to put fish in the boat.

Redman

Hawnjigs

KISS
Hey Toad, didya make out into God's country with your lil gal? How was the fishin'?

Redman, if others start following the codger in the old clunker your secret slab spots won't be so anymore and you'd get tired of catfish. The worse spot stealers are the ones that pretend they don't notice you, & next time you hit it nothing left.

toadfrog

Well fishing blew literally. When you held up a worm to put it on the hook it flew out and stayed in perfect alignment with the horrizen . Mule ride was a blast for the most part . Baby girl road Leroy her favorite lightning fast mule . I rode ole Seth 21 yrs old and dependable . 8 miles through briers brambles up hill and down . Down hill was a surprise .Seth stepped in an armadillo hole. went down on his knees . I stayed in the saddle mostly due to the fact my butt cheeks had teeth sunk into the leather . All i could see for a few seconds was a bald fat man rolling down hill like a hula hoop headed for hell . Thank got seth managed to get his balance. And so goes the saga of toad rides again . Now where did I put the absorbine junior awh yes right next to the primary medicine shine .

Back