The brain gears are burning!

hhawkins

Went to the Sowbug Round-up just this past Saturday. Watched several different tyers tie there own versions of flies, some had add ons like turning a fly into a weedless fly using 50# monofilament, one guy was making flies using just Hot Melt glue, No thread used. Then I come across another tyer, who was an employee from one of the fly shops that I like to visit. He was building a streamer fly called an, "Articulated Streamer". The coolest thing I had seen! This is a fly is tied with bucktail, rabbit zonker or marabou or all the above. This fly has 2 hooks and they are connected by 50# mono and on the mono there beads for the belly middle. I know, it sounds like a lot, but it is a smart tie. And now, my creative fever has kicked in and I want to make a few and fish them at the lake. Instead of a tied off head with just glue and a fish skull over the top of that, I'm going to use a 1/16 oz or 1/8 oz jig head, either round or using an ultra minnow head. Right now I've got the hooks and the 50# mono coming from one of the tackles store's suppliers and we have a local bead shop in town. I have all the material that I need plus some. I can't wait to get them made, post them here on JC and then out to the lake for white bass and crappie. I'll keep you posted :D

Fatman

I'd love to go to the Round-Up!!! Couple of the guys over on fly anglers online go every year and love it. Besides learning new tying stuff they pick up a bunch of great deals

Back