That time of the year again.

goodtimesfishing

Well it is that time of the year again when the coho(silvers)salmon start leaving the salt and heading for the rivers. Fished the Stillaguamish river this morning and caught my first river coho of the season. Has been real tough(little early still)so far, not a lot of fish in the river yet. Here is a pic of the fish and a pic of what the jig looked like. This color blue is not all that common but was my most productive color last year for coho in the river.
View attachment 2
View attachment 3

Attachments

• r9-29-14 002.jpg
    r9-29-14 002.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 120
  • r9-29-14 jig pic 002.jpg
    r9-29-14 jig pic 002.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 119

Muskygary

goodtimesfishing said:
Well it is that time of the year again when the coho(silvers)salmon start leaving the salt and heading for the rivers. Fished the Stillaguamish river this morning and caught my first river coho of the season. Has been real tough(little early still)so far, not a lot of fish in the river yet. Here is a pic of the fish and a pic of what the jig looked like. This color blue is not all that common but was my most productive color last year for coho in the river.

Nice fish and nice jig. How do you like to cook those coho's?

goodtimesfishing

Muskygary said:
goodtimesfishing said:

Nice fish and nice jig. How do you like to cook those coho's?
I fillet and bbq. I take and mix my spices and liquid smoke in some sour cream and make a sauce. Spread that lightly on fillet and bbq. I also make lots of smoked salmon every year.

goodtimesfishing

Bucko said:
nice work. I really like that blue paint you have there. Is that a custom mix of yours?

Thanks Bucko! Yes, on the paint. I took the pro-tec blue(the dark blue not sure if they have a light blue) and just added white till it looked right. Ended up with a good match for the bunny fur. also made some with the silver holographic(clear w/glitter)on top of the blue, that turned out great looking, with sparkle.

QPassage

Nice fish you are making me hungry. The last time I had fresh salmon we took a big filet coated with mustard and mayo and grilled it to perfection. Nice tie ;)

goodtimesfishing

QPassage said:
Nice fish you are making me hungry. The last time I had fresh salmon we took a big filet coated with mustard and mayo and grilled it to perfection. Nice tie ;)

Thanks Qpassage, I used to use mayo as my sauce base until one time we had no mayo so I tried sour cream....never use mayo anymore. Now the mustard part, well I may have to try that as I am a mustard fanatic. I eat mustard on everything!

Pup

I miss fishing for coho in Lake Michigan. Great-looking jig and fish. :cool: Your paint mixture's match to the body material is impressive.

goodtimesfishing

Thanks Pup! Coho are so fun....that one in the pic came out of the water 5 times before I landed her and she isn't even one of the big ones. These early season fish tend to be on the smaller side.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful fish right there. :bigfish:

Eating salmon for dinner tonight..... but i caught mine from behind the glass at the grocery store. :(

Back